WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
You need a job. You want a career. Working someplace you can be yourself and belong while creating something that makes a difference. Something that makes the world a better place. Perfect timing. Hallmark is looking for someone like you. The Hallmark Retail division is made up of a diverse group of people and functions, but we have one thing in common – we all support Hallmark Gold Crown stores in some way. We work to bring the Hallmark brand to life in retail and online, to ensure we are meeting customers exactly where they are. We help people connect with ease in a thoughtful and emotional way. We believe that sharing love and appreciation can change someone’s day—maybe even the world.
The Hallmark Retail Finance team provides in-depth financial analysis (both wholesale and retail) and decision support including development and execution of new business models, consultation on pricing and go to market strategies, financial planning and forecasting, budgeting and management reporting. Expect to gain a broad range of experience and exposure to the product development, retail development and selling processes and be a key influencer in the growth of our business.
The Financial Analyst will be expected to establish strong working relationships and regularly interact with a wide range of business partners including Product Development, Retail Development, Sales, Visual Merchandising, Procurement and Operations as well as with other areas within the Hallmark Finance Organization.
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst include, but are not limited to:
• Providing in-depth financial analyses on all proposed programs developed by the business unit.
- Building a comprehensive understanding of all P&L line items including primary drivers of the cost and method of charging the P&L for both plan and actuals.
- Ensuring that division management understands the analysis and is influenced by your guidance and recommendations and that all costs are considered in each team’s decision-making process.
- Highlighting long-term financial implications with accompanying recommendations for managing the economics of the business.
- Developing data models to run scenario analysis on most large programs.
• Coordinating the preparation and communication of accurate and timely financial documents, including Profit Plan, Forecasts, and Current Estimate updates as well as divisional budgets.
- Ensuring that these financial documents reflect the best assumptions and decisions of the Division supported.
- Reviewing all assumptions for applicability and challenging for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Researching, resolving and explaining of variances, identification of issues and follow-up on solutions/corrections.
• Proactively identifying and championing ways to simplify and improve our processes and workflow.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of finance experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Financial competency across all aspects of P&L and balance sheet
- Strong analytical skills
- Skills in prioritizing and multi-tasking
- Ability to manage time critical deadlines
- Energetic and highly motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborative problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
Hallmark believes in enriching the lives of our employees by offering benefit programs to help you:
- Take care of you and yours: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as discounts on elder care, child care, education assistance and adoption assistance.
- Save for your future: Through profit sharing, you share in the success of Hallmark. We also offer a 4% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Enjoy your time: Maximize your work-life balance through Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, community volunteer opportunities and discounts on product, entertainment venues, amusement parks and sporting events.
- And More! (Like an on-site cafeteria, free parking, access to Crown Center and a fitness center.)
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.