The Russ College of Engineering and Technology’s, Center for Electrochemical Engineering Research (CEER) at Ohio University invites applications for the full-time, benefits eligible position of Electrolyzer Senior Development Engineer.
CEER is a multimillion dollar state-of-the-art facility and center at Ohio University which has become a prominent destination for both academic and commercial interest in the field of electrochemical engineering (http://www.ohio.edu/engineering/ceer/). The Center is also the home of an Industry University Cooperative Center: Consortium for Electrochemical Processes and Technology (CEProTECH, http://ceprotech.com). CEER is located in a 20,000 ft2 facility and possesses over $10 million in state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure (including in-situ spectroscopy and microscopy instrumentation). CEER has created a comprehensive, consolidated hub for electrochemical research – where world-class researchers and high profile industry leaders come together and utilize the versatile discipline of electrochemical science and technology to create marketable solutions for a varying array of issues. Responsibilities include:
1. Design, Optimization, and Evaluation of Electrolyzer stack, prototypes, and test rig;
2. Prepare and write technical reports, peer reviewed publications, and presentations;
3. Attend sponsor meetings, tech-shows, and other sponsor required meetings;
4. Write proposals and support proposal writing activities to sponsor based on design requests;
5. Mentor undergraduate and graduate students in the execution of projects;
6. Supervise technician in the execution of tasks
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with significant related experience (prefer 8 + years).
At least 5 years of experience in electrolyzers and/or fuel cell design.
Master’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.