Promotional Advertising Manager - MAR001085
The Promotional Advertising Manager is responsible for building and delivering market leading integrated promotional advertising and marketing communications for each promotional period.
This role meets regularly with teams across the organization including Pricing & Promotions, Product, Accessory, and all Marketing Communications (Marcom) teams to ensure strategic alignment to the overarching value platform as well as specific offer positioning. The dynamic nature and strategic requirements of the position requires a person that has strong creative intuition, is skilled in data synthesis and analytics, and possesses the knowledge and experience to make high quality, quick-turn decisions.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bring critical planning and messaging insights into the promotional planning process and distill consumer, competitive and industry insights to assist in the development and implementation of value driven communications
- Participate in promotional planning meetings representing all brand marketing communications teams to deliver status of key go-to-market milestones, positioning & messaging guidance that informs & influences offer development and ensure on-time delivery of promotions across all channels
- Serve as promotional integrated marketing communications point on all assigned promotional planning periods, device launches including Apple/Samsung and all other product or accessory launches that require promotions
- Attends all promotional TV production shoots/recordings; clearly demonstrating a command of shoot/production protocols, securing the respect of agency partners and holding them accountable to commitments
- Proactively provide recommendation on process improvements and tools that streamline and strengthen promotional integrated marketing efforts
- Write and present integrated promotional input briefs that deliver elevated marketing idea for the promotional period and secure internal alignment with key stakeholders
- Manage the production of mass promotional vehicles (ROP, TV, Radio, digital, social promotional assets) ensuring alignment to the creative brief and delivery upon key offer variables
- Serve as main point of contact to agency throughout the development of promotional advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications required. Masters or MBA degree desired
- 5-8 years of work experience in a creative/advertising agency, communications company or a corporate marketing communications department
- Ability to manage multiple large and complex projects at the same time
- Experience in IMC planning and resulting campaign examples required
- Strong idea generation, story building and creative evaluation skills
- Data review, analysis and interpretation
- Ability to communicate influentially, both written & oral, to influence peers, leaders & agencies
- Proven record of translating strategy into tactical execution
- Seasoned project management skills with the ability to take charge of significant portions of the communications portfolio and drive forward with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment is a must
- Up to 25% travel required
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to do this job.
Job : Marketing
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.