- Medication Administration
SeaView in Seward, Alaska is looking for a Nurse to work in our Community Support Program and Recovery Housing Program (20 hours per week)
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for administering medications, reviewing MARs to ensure medication management, providing education to clients on medications prescribed and maintaining appropriate medication supply levels within the programs.
(Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this position)
- Review all medications used in SeaView’s Community Support Program and Recovery Housing Program.
- Provides medication education for clients, including uses and potential side effects.
- Administers medications, monitors clients for potential side effects of medications and report findings to the physician.
- Order medication refills as necessary and make arrangements for medication refills to be picked up.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation including review of MARs for accuracy, ensuring new MARs on a monthly basis for our Community Support Program and Recovery Housing Program and ensuring MARs updated as needed due to additions/deletions of medications, changes in dosage, etc.
- Review and provide appropriate similar services to any new clients in the above programs.
- Make written recommendations to the Behavioral Health Department Director regarding medication dispensing processes, appropriate documentation processes, and other safety issues to provide the safest environment for clients and staff as possible.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum job qualifications:
(Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience.)
- Education: (see Licensure below)
- Experience: 2 years’ experience required as an RN or LPN
- Skills: Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to simplify concepts and teach others. Ability to work with others to ensure records compliance. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients.
- Licensure/Certification: RN (Registered Nurse) or LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) State licensure required.
- Other: TB test, pre-employment drug/alcohol screening, criminal background check.
This position is PT, non-exempt, 20 hours per week; $40/hour (RN); $30/hour (LPN).
SeaView is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour