We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join a young innovative company in the U.S. Federal Government construction & service industry.
- Exhibits the ability to learn and apply construction knowledge appropriately to assigned tasks and the competency of being a good builder.
- Exhibits the ability to consistently manage at expected performance level from project to project.
- Has the ability to complete annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Provides leadership, direction, and necessary resources to project staff and subcontractors to ensure timely and successful completion of contract requirements.
- Manages project budget development; cost controls; reviews project budget regularly and recommends modifications as needed to ensure project is performing within budget.
- Plans and formulates work plans and organizes tasks to ensure performance meets or exceeds contract requirements and customer expectations.
- Ensures daily/weekly log identifying all services performed is submitted to the Government.
- Writes plans and programs in accordance with government specifications.
- Has daily/monthly safety meetings and project timeline meetings with stakeholders.
- Receive Government approval for billing.
- Understanding electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems, layouts, rules and regulations.
- Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Develop/oversee project management technical and schedule goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
- Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks and successes.
- Coordinate with accounting to invoice per project terms and oversee / negotiate appropriate change orders.
- 10 years of extensive project management construction experience is required. Industrial/Commercial and Federal construction, renovations and upgrades preferred. Federal Construction Experience in a fast-paced business environment is a plus.
- Experienced projects should have a large emphasis on operating systems i.e. electrical, mechanical/HVAC-R, including plumbing, building automation, SCADA etc.
- Systems experience with MS suite, MS project, and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, and related procurement regulations is a plus.
- Project planning and scheduling with MS project/Primavera (P3/P6) is a plus.
- Working in and with U.S. Army Corp of Engineers RMS/QCS program is preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, and be eligible to receive a Federal Security Clearance (candidates with an active Federal Security Clearance are preferred).
- Bachelors or master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related discipline from an accredited college/university required.
Required Licenses and Certificates
- LEED accredited is preferred but not required.
- Vocational license(s) are a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- project management: 5 years (Required)
- CPR/First Aid (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible