- Communication Skills
- Peace Officer Certification
Do you have passion for seniors? If so, being a AAA Home Health llc, care giver will give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, through companionship, Meal preparation, Light housekeeping, Medication reminded, personal care assistance.
OBJECTIVE: Assists Residents with necessary tasks and functions in
Compliance with AAA Home Health llc policies, procedures, and applicable health care standards
AAA Home Health llc Certified Nurse’s Aide/Personal Care Assistant will functions as a member of the health care team under the direction of our Registered Nurses and LPN’s
They must report to the Nursing Supervisor in conformity with AAA Home Health llc policies and procedures.
1. Candidate must have current and valid Virginia Nurse Aide Certification for Nursing Assistants or Department of medical Assistance DMAS Personal Care Assistant certificate
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Compassionate, mature, sympathetic and professional at all times.
4. Good organization and communication skills
5. Ability to read, write, understand and carry out directions.
6. The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre‐employment evaluation test(s) per policy.
7. Candidate will have the physical ability to perform job‐related duties, which may require lifting, standing bending,
Transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing and pulling.
8. A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment to verify that he/she is free from communicable disease and physically capable of performing assigned duties.
9. Six consecutive full time months of CNA experience post certification in long term care.
Assists patients in the following areas:
1. Personal care functions including:
a. Bathing (bed, tub, shower or sponge bath)
b. Skin Care
c. Toileting (bedpan, urinal, commode and/or toilet)
d. Grooming (shampoo, nail care & shaving)
e. Oral Hygiene (denture care)
f .Assist with dressing and undressing
2. Assists with feeding of residents.
3. Measuring and recording intake and output.
4. Weigh residents using upright, chair and bed scale.
5. Assists in turning and positioning of residents.
6. Proper transfer techniques.
7. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment (cane, crutches, walkers, Hoyer Lift, side rails, brace, splints, oxygen).
8. Helps keep residents’ rooms clean and supplied.
9. Make and change beds (unoccupied and occupied).
10. Transports residents, supplies and equipment as needed.
11. Assists nurses and other personnel as needed.
12. Ambulate residents who require minimal assistance.
13. Simple, non‐sterile dressings.
14. Perform skin assessment and notify RN of any abnormalities in skin integrity.
15. Applies heat or cold compression as directed by a RN.
16. Answer residents calls and takes appropriate action.
17. Collects and labels specimens (urine, stool, sputum).
18. Measures and records vital signs/weights and reports variations in vital signs to RN.
19. Immediately reports any changes in client’s condition or incidents to the Nursing Supervisor.
20. Participates in care conferences with other members of the healthcare team as appropriate
21. Maintains confidentiality in relation to all clients, healthcare staff and documentation.
22. Meets annual in-service requirements in accordance with Agency policy and state regulations.
23. Maintains and enhances skill through attending appropriate staff development training
24. Appearance is professional and complies with agency dress code.
25. Maintains a cooperative manner towards client/family and all members of the healthcare team.
Signature Acknowledging Receipt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I am submitting this form by electronic means. By signing the employment application form electronically, I certify that my answers are correct and complete to the best of my knowledge. Failure to provide correct information could result in refusal or even termination of employment