Seacoast Pathology, an independent laboratory located in Exeter, NH, servicing physician offices and hospitals, is seeking a Histotechnician/Histotechnologist for a THIRD shift position 10PM-6AM.
1. Processes and prepares tissue samples for microscopic examination which includes embedding, microtomy, routine and special stains, IHC and cover slipping slides.
2. Performs QC on slides before sending to Pathologists.
3. Maintains quality assurance on equipment in the Histology Lab and ensures order and cleanliness.
4. Performs recuts, special stains, immunohistochemical stains requested by pathologist to help confirm diagnosis.
5. Prepares solutions and stains and is responsible for chemical control including inventory inspections and updates.
6. Performs and documents routine maintenance and corrective actions of instruments and equipment used in the histology lab.
7. Adheres to established quality control policies and procedures to ensure proper functioning of equipment and reagents.
8. Resolve procedural problems encountered in the daily workflow with a minimum of consultation.
HT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP) certified preferred or eligible for certification through on the job training.
Minimum 2 years histology lab experience
Associate's Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
Aurora Diagnostics/Seacoast Pathology offers a competitive compensation package including outstanding benefits and an excellent work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Work Place.
Job Type: Full-time