Appalachian Youth Service was established in 1977. Our facilities are staff-secure, highly structured, residential and educational facilities for adolescents. The goal of our programs is to make positive changes with youth so that they are able to function appropriately in society and can return to the community as healthy, productive citizens.
We are actively seeking individuals who possess the following traits:
- Passion for working with youth
- Demonstrate good decision making abilities
- Have a positive demeanor toward youth and their issues
- Team driven
- Strong desire to learn
- Take pride in their work
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work all three shifts including weekends and overnights
- Undergo Child Abuse, State Police and FBI clearances
- Be able to complete an online Medication Administration course to administer medications to youth.
- Must Have a valid PA driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to complete Safe Crisis Management training, First Aid and CPR certifications
- Provide appropriate structure and safety for youth within our care.
- College degree or working with children preferred
- Maintain the rules and regulations in our facilities
- Be a positive role model for the youth.
- Starting rate is $11.60 with yearly raises
- Health Insurance
- 403b with company match with 100% vesting after 3 years
- Discretionary 403b after 1 year of service
- Financial incentives for work attendance and agency goals
- Sick and Vacation time
- Life Insurance
- Short and long term disability
Job Type: Full-time