The Regional Director is responsible for the overall operations of the Regional Human Service Center. The Regional Director is responsible for ensuring services to a designated multi-county area, providing integrated behavioral health services, emergency services, assessment and referral, rehabilitation services, disability services and other social services.
The Regional Director shall provide overall agency administration, supervision of on-site leadership staff and support to all the other staff at Badlands HSC. The Regional Director shall assure that policies and procedures are followed, and that the agency provides for the provision of all human service center core services within the region.
- Bachelor's degree in business, public or health care administration, psychology, special education, social work, nursing, counseling, vocational rehabilitation, sociology or other closely related fields
- Four years of work experience in a human service program area that involved managing staff and a budget
A master's degree in one of the above fields will substitute for two years of the work experience requirement.
Hospital or Clinic Administration or Long Term Care Administration is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills, or strong interest in, clinic administration.
- Demonstrated skills, or strong interest in, motivating and supervising agency staff in the provision of and measurement of their work responsibilities
- Demonstrated skills in written/oral communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of, or strong interest in, community behavioral health practice, applicable rules and regulations and industry standards pertaining to such
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality management techniques with demonstrated understanding of how such are applied to the development and management of program and policy
The Regional Director, working closely with the Director of the Department of Human Services, Director of Field Services/Interim CFO, DHS Statewide Medical Director, Chief Operating Officer and Clinic Services Directors, shall create a statewide system of care, as evidence by the following:
- Collaboration with Executive office and Field/Clinic Services Division to support, develop and implement programs.
- Administer and assure that provisions for state and federal laws, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
- Develop, coordinate and implement services and strategic goals to assure that the needs of consumers are met.
- Provide direction and assistance to staff, consumers and other collateral agencies on policies, regulations, rules and programs.
- Build relationships with community stakeholder groups and other service provider organizations.
- Monitor budgets and assure compliance with licensing/accreditation regulations.
- Represent the DHS in the region and as requested in collaboration with other state and federal officials and agencies.
- Service on statewide and community committees as needed and approved.
- Travel to Bismarck, Jamestown or other locations for statewide meetings.
- Promote development of Evidence Based Practices as requested by Field/Clinic Services.
- Monitor staff Client Facing productivity, hiring process, other HR processes and adherence to licensure/accreditation requirements
- Direct, supervise and evaluate staff
- Provide overall administrative direction to Badlands Human Service Center
The Regional Director at each HSC will work closely with the statewide DHS leadership to make necessary changes and adjustments to practice, as well as to implement new strategies moving forward.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Service Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts