CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
1. Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
2. Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
3. Allocates and directs staffing needs to meet patient, unit/department and organizational needs and collaborates with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
4. Manages performance including:
setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognizing performance, developing skills and addressing performance issues related to work and our Core Values using corrective action.
1. Completes staff rounding (nursing care bundle and employee), conducts employee engagement action planning sessions, contribute to action plans and delivers organizational/department communications.
2. Aligns and coordinates day to day function to ensure positive financial productivity and the safety and quality of the patient experience.
3. Fulfills duties of assigned Registered Nurse Job Description for designated work area.
4. Serves as technology super user. Required to orient, train, and serve as a resource to team.
5. Responds to patient calls, anticipates individual patient needs, and assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance, and other appropriate safety measures.
6. Other duties as assigned by leader and organization.
1. Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
2. Demonstrates work practices consistent with CHI Health and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
3. Assumes a leadership role in ensuring work practices that are consistent with the CHI Health Safe Patient Handling and Movement Policy, for promoting evidence based practices for ensuring employee and patient safety
4. Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Completion of a Registered Nurse program in an accredited institution.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Nebraska or Iowa, Nebraska and Iowa are compact states, so must be licensed in the state of your residence.
- BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.