1. General information on the job:
Job title: Network Administrator
Legal entity/Country: Swiss Krono US / Barnwell
Direct superior: IT Manager
2. Purpose of the job:
Maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. Deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment to ensure smooth network operation.
3. Key responsibilities:
· Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks and servers
· Install and integrate new server hardware, applications and needed updates
· Support and administer third-party applications
· Ensure network security and connectivity
· Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
· Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
· Resolve problems reported by end user
· Define network policies and procedures
· Specify system requirements and design solutions
· Research and make recommendations on server system administration
4. Professional Experience:
· Proven experience in a network administrator role
· Hands on experience in networking, routing, switching
· Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, monitoring of server infrastructure
· Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting and problem solving
· Ability to set up and configure server hardware
· Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
5. Education and specialized skills profile:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· SQL programming, Access databases, VoIP phone systems
6. Environment and Behavioral profile:
Great at analyzing, critical thinking, prioritizing, organizing and multi-tasking with passion to learning to adapt to changing tech demands.
7. Linguistic Profile:
· English, writes and speaks clearly and efficiently
8. Mobility and Physical Requirement profile:
· Work location is Barnwell. This job operates in a manufacturing environment.
· Travel to sites in Georgia and North Carolina in the US as well as Europe may be required.
· Sitting, walking, standing, lifting, carrying, installing equipment in climate-controlled offices and non-climate-controlled shop floor. Lift use may be required.
· This is a full-time position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires being on call and some weekend work.
9. Key relationships (internal and external stakeholder)
· Internal (local employees, management, global team)
· External (customers, vendors)
Job Type: Full-time