Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for government and commercial clients? We’re looking for an engineer who can help create solutions for both government and commercial clients that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As an Agency Dashboard Elasticsearch Engineer on our project, you’ll focus on implementing and operating next generation security solutions. You’ll work with a highly skills focused team to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. As a team, we’ll take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives, and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to learn from a team of experts as you make a difference in the security of next generation government solutions. Your contributions will help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like hands-on evaluation, implementation, and operation of leading security Cyber defense tools and technologies. You’ll be able to gain experience in the application of in-depth defense strategies in large and complex networks to rapidly identify vulnerabilities and threats, prioritize response actions, and develop effective counter-measures while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team as we improve client solutions through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 6+ years of experience with IT in a professional or educational environment
- 2+ years of experience with hands on configuration, performance tuning and monitoring or optimizing of distributed data storage stacks, including data modeling and infrastructure planning, sizing, monitoring, and management, and open source tools, including Kafka, Logstash, Beats, Elasticsearch, Kibana, or Splunk
- Experience with creating data pipelines to include extract, transform, load, (ETL) and streaming data, including log data or tool and sensor data to indices
- Experience with Splunk forwarders, Kafka, Logstash, Beats, or ES Splunk python libraries
- Experience with planning and executing data retention and lifecycle management plans
- Experience in working with data solutions in a professional or educational environment
- Experience with performing site surveys, data gathering, or research and analysis related to deploying and implementing security and risk management tools, such as Elasticsearch
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with implementing and managing solutions using Windows IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, and integrations with Splunk enterprise, including Python, JSON, Linux, RabbitMQ or Erlang, client certificate authentication, and single sign-on providers, such as Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- Knowledge of federal information security policies, standards, procedures, directives, frameworks, federal security authorizations, assessment, and risk management processes for enterprise systems
- BA or BS degree in IT Security, Engineering, or a related field
- CISSP, Security+, or a related Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.