TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
1) Pre-commissioning Group
- Provide support and guidance to pre-commissioning group within TechnipFMC as a recognized expert in the field including review of relevant document and direct involvement in engineering of novel and/or high-risk operations.
- Provide technical expertise and support to projects and tenders. Serves as the technical specialist for the Company in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in the field of subsea pre-commissioning. Represents the organization and maintains liaison with individuals and related organization.
- Ensure the best practice methods are used on projects. Keep abreast of new technologies and latest developments in the industry to use them for improving the execution of projects.
- Participate in Research & Development programs, both internally or externally in collaboration with partners
- Build effective relationships with group subsidiaries, Clients, partners and suppliers organization. Support other group entities as needed.
- Routinely interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Promote quality and safety culture at work and with subcontractors/suppliers. Reinforce and strengthen the HSES culture at every opportunity in operations and projects and promote correct HSES behaviors through personal example.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Plans, schedules and coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for various projects.
- Review/prepare pre-commissioning scope of work, method statement and Material Requisition (MR)/Service Requisition (SR) documents, for the pre-commissioning subcontract of umbilicals, flowlines, flexibles and pipelines.
- Assist with the assessment and selection of pre-commissioning subcontractor.
- Review/Assist the project team with developing the pre-commissioning offshore schedule
- Steward scopes against project budget.
- Review/prepare pre-commissioning project specific procedures.
- Attend relevant TechnipFMC North America Operational (Constructability, HIRA, and Readiness) Reviews providing an independent review of the engineering and methods proposed by the project team.
Typical background and experience required:
- Review of Company project scope of work. Prepare Cost, Time & Resource estimates for relevant scopes for Tenders
- Review/prepare Request For Quotation (RFQ), pre-commissioning plan, qualifications, schedule and budget
- Serve as Company Subject Matter expert with Client during technical clarifications discussions.
Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent followed by minimum seven (7) years’ experience in job offered, with a strong background and hands-on experience in offshore pipeline, flexible and umbilical pre-commissioning engineering, planning and execution.
Experience must include offshore experience onboard installation vessels, offshore production platform and construction yards, in both deepwater and shallow water projects.
Experience with engineering, planning and executing pre-commissioning scope on large FEED and EPCI projects.
Experience working on international projects is a must.
Strong Knowledge of International code, standards as well as regulations relevant to pre-commissioning activities (API, ASME, ISO, DNV, SAE, CFR, CHARM)
Proficient in DNV JIP and Recommended Practices.
Demonstrated experience with water management on pre-commissioning project (Discharge and especially GOM regulation)
Demonstrate ability to lead a team of several engineers in a multicultural environment working on multiple subject.
Master’s or foreign equivalent degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering.
International project experience as multiple international projects get executed by TechnipFMC North America business unit.
Commitment to Continued Professional Development (CPD).
French / Portuguese to facilitate technical discussions with other entities of the group will be considered a plus.
Demonstrates initiative, leadership, proactivity, and motivation
Ability and willingness to travel
Takes responsibility for delivery and execution
Show respect for subordinates and co-workers.
Demonstrate a commitment to self-improvement and development of the project team.
Able to develop robust, innovative solutions
Self-motivated, flexible, and capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
Skills Interpersonal skills
Clear communication skills, written & verbal
Planning and organisation skills
Planning, organization, time management and interpersonal skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point and Projects)
Mobility (short-term business trips up to one week and assignments up to one month).
Travel to client, subcontractor, vendor and consultant offices for meetings.
Travel to either onshore or offshore sites when required.
Undertake training courses.
Required to work extended hours occasionally to meet the job / project requirements.
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”