About Our Team
At Jones & DeMille Engineering our values drive us to always do the right thing – for our team members, our clients, and the communities we serve. We are committed to proactively shaping the quality of life in the rural West while our team members pursue an engaged, family-focused, and balanced life. We seek lasting relationships with the best people that innovatively advance rural infrastructure. Our team members create synergy and mutual success for all stakeholders through humble, consistent communication.
About the Position
As a Water Resource Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with the planning, design and construction of water resource related projects as part of a water resources project delivery team.
Water Resources Engineering
Remote - Or in one of our Utah offices
- Part of team focused/specialized in water resources projects
- Work with team leader and assigned mentor to learn analysis and design, modeling software, and project management/leadership skills
- Part of companywide water resources practice group organization, which seeks to promote personal growth, innovation, quality, and consistence across company
- Work with team members, project managers, team leaders, office managers, and other company leaders effectively with a positive attitude
In your role as a Water Resources Engineer, you will be part of our growing team by performing the functions and duties listed below with mentorship/oversight:
- Perform detailed analysis and design related to hydrology and surface water projects including dams, rivers, canals, irrigation, storm drainage systems, roadway drainage, erosion control, hydraulic structures, flood protection, etc.
- Perform detailed analysis and design related to water utility projects including culinary water storage tanks, primary and secondary water systems, pipelines, sewer collection systems, springs, wells, pump stations, etc.
- Conduct water modeling and detailed calculations using a variety of software, spreadsheets, and other tools such as ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, InfoWater, EPA-NET, etc. (mentoring/training will be provided)
- Prepare technical documents, reports, exhibits, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, etc.
In an Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager role, manage water resources engineering phases of projects, and/or complete projects
Experience & Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Master's preferred with emphasis in Water Resources Engineering
- May fill multiple positions including Graduate Engineer to Project Manager (0-10 years experience)
- Ability to become licensed as a Professional Engineer with needed years of experience or currently licensed
- Proven track record of working together with teams of technical professionals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Interest or experience in learning/using a variety of analysis and modeling software as mentioned above
- Self-motivated, engaged, and team-oriented with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Desire for continual personal growth and helping Team members learn and grow
The team member may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 75 pounds.
Occasional travel by car to client and project sites. Occasional field work may be required in which the team member may work in various weather conditions and extremes with utilization of various flow measuring devices and hand tools, as needed. The ability to navigate around, over, or through a variety of terrain obstacles and/or noisy work conditions including traffic and heavy equipment may be required. The use of special safety precautions and/or equipment may also be required. The team member will be required to attend client meetings at night, occasionally work at night or during alternate working hours, and occasionally travel overnight for out-of-town projects and/or to other offices.
Jones & DeMille is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. Reasonable accommodations are provided to individuals with known disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department. If required by state law and/or city ordinance; we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new team member’s Form I-9 to confirm work