Senior ETL Developer
- Maintain and manage the existing CPS Enterprise Data Warehouse and ODS builds.
- Builds ETL components according to ETL specifications. Code must address performance, dependency, auditing, error handling and data quality issues.
- Support post deployment by debugging, fixing, and participating in maintenance.
- Create reports to meet business requirements and address data needs.
- Create Dashboard pages and metrics within CPS custom dashboard solution.
- Responsible for data integrity as well as the quality of data within Dashboard presentation layer.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
- Read and understand business requirements, write functional requirements, develop detailed technical designs, and build / unit / system test ETL code.
- 10+ years of Enterprise Data Warehouse experience
- 5+ years of experience with ETL products (Ab Initio and SSIS) in a development role (administrative knowledge a plus)
- Good knowledge of data modeling/Star Schema
- Strong ANSI SQL expertise
- 5+ years of experience with Unix and Shell Scripting
- Experience with SQL Server 2012
- Ability to develop and organize high-quality documentation
- Experience with at least one job scheduler
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements
Job Type: Contract
- Enterprise Data Warehouse: 10 years (Required)
- UNIX and Shell Scripting: 5 years (Required)
- AbInitio: 5 years (Preferred)
- SSIS: 5 years (Required)