The Internal Audit Analyst will be a key member of a team responsible for the global execution of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program and operational audits.
The Internal Audit Analyst will be responsible for meeting with control owners to document processes and identify any key controls or control gaps within the process. They will perform testing of controls throughout the year, including documenting support and providing any follow up, as needed. They will also assist with Internal Audit’s quarterly reporting, as well as helping to create a fraud analytic program for the Company.
Specific deliverables for the role include, but not limited to:
SOX compliance program
- Responsible for all aspects of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program. Includes assisting in risk assessments, developing audit programs, performing audits, performing walkthroughs, performing testing, and creating and maintaining required documentation
- Identifies gaps in internal control and control deficiencies, and works with process owners to monitor and report on the progress of remediation efforts
- Identifies areas where procedures can be improved and assists with implementation of revised procedures
- Assists in preparing quarterly reports to management documenting internal audit procedures and results
Helps coordinate internal audit’s efforts with external auditors
- Works with external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, reduce duplication of efforts, improve efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities, mitigate surprises, and reduce audit fees
- Participates in opening meetings, project status meetings, and closing meetings
- Builds relationships with key business leaders and serves as a business advisor on financial, operational, and compliance risks, and controls
- Performs operational audits or compliance audits, as needed
- Assists in maintaining the company’s risk analysis
- Special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master’s degree a plus
- CPA, CIA, CFE or other professional designation preferred, but not required
- 2+ years public accounting or internal audit experience, ‘Big 4’ experience a plus
- Experience with audit of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control over financial reporting required
- Experience with public life science companies a plus
- Strong documentation, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. International and domestic travel: 5% - 10%.