Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) will design and conduct research within a specific field while receiving advanced training from a designated Principal Investigator to enhance professional skills and research independence needed for pursuing of a professional career in Medical Physics. The ideal candidate will work with the Principle Investigator to develop new ideas, design and evaluate experiments, process and analyze data as well as prepare scientific manuscripts for publications. The initial appointment is for one year and renewal is expected upon the PDRF’s performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in acceptance and commissioning of Varian ProBEAM proton therapy system
- Design quality assurance program for proton therapy and imaging systems
- Establish the secondary MU verification algorithm based on Monte Carlo simulation
- Develop efficient patient specific quality assurance program with automation
- Establish the proton adaptive therapy program and imaging processing protocol
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Other clinical and research supports as needed
- Ph.D. degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Strong programming skills with MATLAB and Python; scripting skills in Eclipse preferred
- Experiences with Eclipse API scripting (C#), medical images analysis and processing
- Knowledge of Monte Carlo simulation for proton therapy
- Must possess strong technical problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Exposures to hazardous risks include radiation exposure (under the ALARA principle), potential exposure to infectious and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment chemicals, and cleaning / sterilization agents. Hazards will be minimal if proper safety precautions are utilized. Work is mainly performed in an area with no natural light, and in close proximity to other team members.
Minimal lifting required (5lbs-10lbs) following universal precautions.
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.