University of San Francisco
The Associate Athletic Trainer reports directly to the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletic Training and will serve as a member of the athletic performance team. The Associate Athletic Trainer will work in collaboration with the athletic performance team, coaches, staff, and team physicians to assist in the organization of and manage the care, rehabilitation, and prevention of injuries and general medical conditions for student-athletes.
- Implement the treatment, care and rehabilitation of injuries according to the protocols and standing orders developed by the Team Physicians and Head Athletic Trainer.
- Work in conjunction with the entire Sports Medicine Staff, including team physicians and other medical personnel, to coordinate the health care and wellness of student-athletes.
- Daily Instruction of student-athletes on rehabilitation programs post injury in order to provide a safe return to athletic participation.
- Educate student-athletes on general health habits that will assist in injury prevention and overall well-being.
- Communication with coaches, administrators, and student-athletes of assigned team.
- Injury reporting, tracking, documentation, and maintenance of medical charts.
- Evaluate and direct emergency medical attention given when a student-athlete is seriously injured in practice or competition, through enforcement of safety procedures.
- Assist with the organization and administration of all pre-participation physicals with physicians; coordinate medical clearance and eligibility for practice and competition.
- Provide medical coverage for home and away athletic events, as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer with the organization and administration of the Sports Medicine Department.
- Maintain knowledge of evidence-based techniques in the prevention, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries by attending clinics, seminars, and current periodicals.
- To act as a liaison between student-athletes, coaches, parents, team physicians, strength and conditioning staff, and other sports medicine professionals on medical consultation matters.
- Foster a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness throughout the department.
- Possible sport assignment(s) include: Basketball, Baseball.
Other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of athletic training experience at the collegiate level. Preferred NCAA Division I, Olympic or professional level athletics.
- Maintain current NATA BOC, CPR/AED, and first aid certification.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply NCAA rules as relevant to the position.
- Willingness to travel extensively with assigned teams to away contests, and work irregular or extended work hours.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Professional communication with head coaches and coaching staffs, and support staff. Including but not limited to, student athlete emergency information, emergency action plans, scheduling and date to day coverage.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive matters involving student-athletes.
- Possess the ability to lift, push, and pull equipment and/or materials up to 50 pounds for shorts distances, as well as manipulate the injured athlete.
- Experience in advanced manual therapy skills and athletic rehabilitation of injuries.
- A valid driver’s license.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency