The Store Manager is responsible for day to day store operations, including scheduling, training and supervising employees and assistant manager. The Store Manager is responsible for the store profits and all controllable expenses including labor, inventory levels and cash and inventory shortages. It is expected the Store Manager will work approximately 45-50 hours per week or more provided store can be ran efficiently.
The Store Manager is responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff.
- Assist recruiting of, recommend for hire and train, positive individuals to become members of the Parker’s Pit Stop Team, ensuring excellent customer service.
- Motivate, encourage and challenge all employees of the store.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is the central objective of the convenience store operation.
- Promote and resolve customer complaints, in a timely and professional manner.
- Implement and enforce established daily operating procedures to ensure store is clean, adequately stocked, organized and well kept.
- Prepare weekly schedules that provide adequate store support while staying within budgeted labor hours.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive, priced correctly and displayed in a safe manner.
- Maintain product levels by placing accurate and adequate orders as well as ensuring that vendors do likewise.
- Maintain quality brand image standards and pass evaluations.
- Supervise and discipline all store employees according to company policy.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner as established by management.
- Ensure ALL inventory brought into the store is scanned in using Verge and invoices are keyed properly into PB3.
- Monitor cash over/short, inventory shrinkage and drive offs daily.
- Conduct store meetings as needed with employees. Recommended at least one store meeting / in-service meeting per month with employees.
- Have the physical ability to perform all duties of a store cashier regularly.
- Understand all information in the daily reporting of store operations.
- Follow and enforce all Company Policies and Established Procedures in the Store Operations.
- Implement monthly promotions, ensure all POS advertising / signage is properly posted at the proper time.
- Communicate and perform all price change requests, mark downs / ups as requested by the General Manager.
- Communicate any problems with merchandising pricing to the Price Book Administrator or General Manager.
- Serve as the connection between the store owner and the staff and also between the store owner and customers.
- Implement and enforce all merchandising and vendor policies and procedures.
- Participate and give direction on the stocking and merchandising of product on the sales floor.
- Enforce all Safety and Security Issues and report any and all unsafe conditions to the General Manager or directly to the owners.
- Report and process all employee and/or customer incidents or accidents following company procedure.
- Be available for Kitchen Staff if Kitchen Manager is unavailable.
- Serve as a C-Operator for the store.
- Any other duties as provided by Store Owner or General Manager.
To be successful on the job, the convenience store assistant manager needs to have the following skills and other qualities:
- Physically sound, with the ability to perform heavy physical activities occasionally
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written format
- Ability to meet up with targets and deadlines
- Possess organizational and management skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Possess leadership and decision making skills
- Possess planning and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively despite pressure
- Possess flexible on the job and the ability to execute multiple tasks at a time without losing focus
- Must possess an enthusiastic spirit and be friendly and welcoming
- Must be result driven individual with strong customer service skills
- Must be able to lift at least 70lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Retail Management: 4 years (Required)
- management: 3 years (Required)
Hours per Week:
Employees working per shift:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift