Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of foster youth?
If so, we would love to have you as part of the SCCS team!
For more than 30 years, SCCS has provided care, counseling, coaching, and essential mental health services for children, teen, young adults, and their families. As specialists in the field of mental health, SCCS employees possess diverse professional skills equipping us as a team to treat each client’s unique needs.
As a Residential Treatment Direct Care Staff - Mental Health Worker in one of our STRTP homes located in Fountain Valley/Costa Mesa, you will be responsible for the supervision and care of our youth between the ages of 10-18. SCCS group homes provide a structured and therapeutic environment for our youth through a team-based and relational approach. Responsibilities of Mental Health Worker-Residential Treatment include participating in activities, providing therapeutic interventions, providing positive reinforcement, setting limits and enforcing rules, monitoring behavior, preparing meals, maintaining the cleanliness of the house, and dispensing medication.
Benefits and/or PTO are offered for employees scheduled 20+ hours per week.
Education/Experience – must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
- Valid Child Development Teaching Permit
- Completed 12-semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
- A valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor, or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth.
- A valid vocational training certificate, credential, or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journeyperson who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, vocational coach, tutor, counselor, or other relevant experience.
- Previous employment as full-time staff or served as a volunteer at a group home, STRTP, or substance abuse treatment program for at least one year.
- Relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health, or juvenile justice systems as a consumer, mentor, caregiver, or other relevant experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Looking to make a difference? … Please take 5 extra minutes & apply directly on our website for FASTER consideration!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
Supplemental pay types:
- Is there anything else you would like for us to know about you for consideration?
- Are you able to set good boundaries with others and remain professional and in control of your emotions when intense situations arise?
- Are you interested in full-time or part-time work?
- Which shift interests you the most?
- To save you time and for immediate consideration, will you please fill out an application on our website at www. sccs 4 kids. org and apply to "Direct Care Staff (STRTP Residential Treatment Homes)? Thank you!
- Do you have at least 1 of the following? Please explain:
Have obtained a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree
Have obtained a valid Child Development Teaching Permit
Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, Foster and Kinship Care Education, or Psychology and have completed at least 100 hours of on-the-job experience working with youth (just FYI - 100 hours can be completed after employment but staff cannot be counted in ratio until it is completed)
Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have completed at least 100 hours of on-the-job experience working with youth (just FYI - 100 hours can be completed after employment but staff cannot be counted in ratio until it is completed)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- relevant life and work: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location