Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences -race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
The Editorial Assistant will work with two acquiring editors in all aspects of the editorial and publishing process and in coordinating with other departments.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Screens proposals and manuscripts for acquisition and publication.
- Candidate will write reader’s reports.
- Candidate may collaborate with authors and supervising editors on possible changes in style, content, and format, and will work under the close supervision of a more senior editor.
- Receives work opportunities to increase personal and professional knowledge of editorial process and subject area content with expectations to complete more complex tasks in the future.
- Time management
- Strong computer skills
- excellent reading and writing
- strong presentation manner
- knowledge of marketplace, literature
- foreign language proficiency a plus
Educational Background Required:
- General office experience
- Entry-level position with preference for candidates who have internship or some office assistant experience