Under administrative direction; responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory rules and procedures in wastewater plant and pump station operations; supervises directly or through lower level managers, supervisors and technical support staff, the operation, maintenance and repair of the operations; serves as system analyst for the purpose of inspecting and preparing specifications for related equipment and facilities; administers a comprehensive program of regulatory monitoring and completion of required reporting. Performs other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications Any combination of training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below.
Completion of a high school equivalent education plus supplemental management/supervisory coursework of training plus seven (7) years of experience in wastewater treatment operations, including three (3) years in a supervisory capacity; possession of a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s Class four (4) license, issued by the State of Ohio required. Possession of a valid State of Ohio vehicle operators license required.
Pre-Employment Testing Requirements Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An employee will be exposed to the various hazards associated with wastewater treatment plants equipment.
- Related pumping equipment and chemicals under all types of weather conditions.
- Maintenance and repair of pump stations and will be exposed to waters containing contaminants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to travel to and access the various assigned work sites, other offices and agencies, institutions and businesses.
- Employee must demonstrate physical fitness and agility and move whole body in continuous labor.
- Regularly required to lift up to 75 lbs; to move limbs and fingers easily to perform manual functions repeatedly; standing, talking, hearing, seeing, standing, walking, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, feeling, reaching, lifting, grasping, twisting above the waist, bending at the waist, climbing ladders, entering crawl spaces, exertion of force.
- Job requires performance of heavy manual labor, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and perform and repetitive motions; move whole body in continuous or heavy labor, push and utilize a tow motor, snow blower, hand and power tools, and other heavy equipment to accomplish job duties.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
- Employee shall meet all job safety requirements and all applicable PERPP/OSHA safety standards while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Possession of valid driver’s license, if utilization of a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions is required.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator’s Class four (4) license, issued by the State of Ohio is required.
- Must maintain current certifications, licenses.
- Meet and maintain eligibility requirements for bonding.
Those interested should apply here:
Job Duty Name Plants & Pump Station Superintendent Job Functions
Description of Job Duty The duties listed below are intended to depict tasks performed by this classification.
Manages the district facility operations, and supervises through managers, supervisors, or directly, the technical support staff and employees assigned to wastewater treatment and pumping stations, and their related facilities (e.g. plans for and makes work assignment, monitors progress towards goals, evaluates work performance, receives and adjusts employee grievances within agency guidelines, recommend commendations and discipline as necessary; may interview job applicants and recommends hire, etc.); prepares for the and promotes continuing training and education as related to safety, and employee skills development.
Performs system analysis, research, and develops equipment specifications for system maintenance and/or construction(e.g. reviews and studies technical data and publications for efficient equipment technology, new procedures and standards, etc.); serves as a technical consultant to environmental administrators, engineers, and technicians on facility operations (e.g. inspects facility and equipment installation to ensure compliance with standards; monitors preventative maintenance of facility; reviews plans for equipment upgrades and makes recommendations; aids in preparation of operating plans and submits for approval; implements division policy and procedures; assists with the development of county-wide plant and pump station policies and procedures.
Prepares detailed manual and computer technical monitoring and compliance reports (e.g. compiles data from logs, computer database, makes calculations, etc.); provides for the proper maintenance, collection and security of records and reports; completes or assists with special studies.
Represents the division and facility function (e.g. department meetings, engineering firms, contractors, vendors, etc.); answers inquiries and resolves problems and/or complaints from property owners, commercial customers, and other interested groups; prepares for and participates in community information meetings regrading the facility or operation related legislation.