- 3+ years’ experience providing executive level assistance in a fast-paced environment
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
A unique opportunity is available to support 2 Directors in Amazon Music’s Seattle office as an Executive Assistant. In addition, you will partner with the existing admin team to offer comprehensive support for a highly-distributed global organization. A successful candidate will have experience with heavy calendar management, travel coordination, event planning, large internal team meetings, leadership meetings, and external meeting coordination. The role requires strong, concise communication skills, poise and professionalism.
This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments and demonstrate sound judgment. The right candidate will have a strong bias for action and the ability to think proactively and strategically. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
- Directly support 2 Directors on the Digital Music Leadership team
- Complex calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings
- Plan extensive domestic and complex international travel schedule
- Manage expenses in a timely manner
- Coordinate logistics to afford a seamless travel experience
- Interface with external partners
- Understand intricacies of cultural differences and operate within multiple time zones simultaneously
- Organize team events, All Hands meetings, Quarterly events, etc.
- Set up of VC connections for conference call coordination and document ownership
- Have exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
- Make smart and timely decisions; understand when to take ownership of a decision and when to involve other parties
- Ability to work with a diverse team
- Drive and track completion of key deliverables and follow-up on outstanding items and other projects as needed
- Organize, prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner
- May be involved in space planning
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years’ experience providing executive level assistance in a fast-paced environment
- Music/entertainment industry experience
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Must demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for customer experience and Amazon's vision
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team orientated philosophy and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of groups such as external partners, senior management, peers and outside vendors
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to maintain composure and task switch efficiently in a rapidly changing environment
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.