Northlake Engineering, a Standex Electronics Company, is a growing Engineering and Manufacturing Company specializing in the design and manufacture of custom magnetics, power supplies and value-add assemblies. The Company caters to a full range of Customers from start-ups to Fortune 500. With its custom nature and its Customer base, it’s an incredible place to learn and grow. We are currently looking for an Engineering Technician to join our growing team. This position reports to the Director of Engineering and will serve as a key member of our Engineering staff with the freedom to create optimized solutions to meet the needs of our Customers.
- Test and repair components, circuits, assemblies, and full systems as required
- Involved in the design/adaptation of test equipment, related procedures and documentation
- Provide guidance to production personnel to resolve technical problems on the shop floor
- Provide support to engineering personal for the design/development of new product/specifications
- Provides hands on assistance to resolve technical quality issues related to customer complaints, manufacturing, engineering, test methods, equipment, etc.
- Interact with Safety and Certification agencies during quarterly inspections
- Perform routine maintenance on department test equipment
- Understand and employ safe work habits
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or equivalent
- Ability to work with testing equipment – i.e. oscilloscope, multi-meter, signal generator, etc.
- Read and comprehend detailed technical wiring diagrams, schematics, and bill of materials.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within designated time frames
- Excellent record keeping and technical documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: