The Manager of Professional billing is accountable for the overall daily operation of Patient Account Physician Billing including Physician Billing, Physician Customer Service, Physician Follow up and Payment Variance. Maintains consistent and timely key performance metrics to ensure the overall financial objectives are being met. Provides leadership, vision and team support to the coordinator and staff in order to successfully meet goals related to the Revenue Cycle Functions. Fosters collaborative working relationship and open communication with all clinic offices that contribute to the success of Patient Accounting.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintains staff by recruiting selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes; contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results.
- Accesses EHR to communicate to clinical staff members and/or physicians through telephone encounters and Epic in basket.
- Ability to make sound and evaluative judgments; demonstrate strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to interact well with all levels of employees and physicians throughout the organization, participate in intra- and interdepartmental collaboration, and handle multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
- In depth knowledge of physician billing for multiple specialties.
- Bachelors' degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years' experience in in Physician Billing
- Five (5) years' management or supervisory experience in multi-specialty Physician Billing.
- Knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT codes hospital surgical coding and NCCI edits.
- Ability to plan and manage special projects
- Epic Certification In Professional Billing modules, preferred