Heads a team of managers on a day-to-day basis, handling, within his or her span of control, the food and beverage outlets. Direct Report to General Manager - Shift Varies
- Minimum of a 4-year bachelor's degree in Hospitality F&B or related major; and at least 2 years experience as a Director of F&B
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Computer Skills - Proficient computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.). Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control (e.g., accounting and budgeting).
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Applied Business Knowledge - Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics, and important aspects of Marriott's business; skilled at using business knowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks.Create & Executes Sales Development Plan.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps Marriott's values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making and actions.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out strategy.
- Practice the Basics of Brilliant Hosting at all times
- A thorough knowledge of Marriott’s Culture and the importance of the Art of Hosting. Each Manager is responsible for maintaining total compliance of the Art of Hosting by their associates through ongoing training and reinforcement by modeling these behaviors, positive reinforcement and by taking corrective disciplinary measures
- Engaged daily in the Restaurant, Banquet, and Beverage outlets and all day-to-day operational needs.
- Scheduling of managers to ensure proper coverage at all times.
- Check the employee schedule on weekly basis to ensure adequate coverage and wage cost control.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 to $62,000.00 /year
- Director of Food & Beverage: 2 years
Required work authorization: