I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Under the administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for compliance with all clinical medical policies, directives, rules, regulations and clinical performance standards of the state, the federal government, organization bylaws and accrediting bodies and serves as the corporation’s ultimate authority on medical issues. As a member of the senior leadership team, provides medical practice delivery development, implementation and evaluation in accordance with the goals, policies and standards of the program of Edgewater Systems. Provides professional medical services as appropriate, and other related work, as designated by the Chief Executive Officer.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Direct Service
1. Initiates and assists in the organization and utilization of the medical staff and reviews the activities of the medical staff in accordance with ethical standards and the overall policies of the organization. Schedules interdisciplinary meetings with medical and support staff to assure quality patient/client care
2. Provides the final medical decision on medical issues when disputes arise.
3. Formulates policies and objectives for medical/clinical programs and communicates these policies to appropriate staff for execution within an integrated team case management approach.
4. Provides consultation to Chief Executive Officer to assess and provide clinical training for department or staff, as needed.
5. Assists in developing the Center’s clinical policies and formulating the mission, goals and philosophy of care.
6. Recommends clinical objectives and participates in the designation of priority objectives for the organization with reference to implementation of the health care plan.
7. Assists with the development of the organization’s behavioral health care plan based on community health needs, epidemiology of the community and health behavior of the community.
8. Assists in the development and presentation of the clinical activities budget, including staffing, support plan, and equipment needs projections.
9. Assists with the development of the organizational plan for clinical operations and provide for efficient use of personnel in the application of multiple health skills (disciplines) to community and individual health problems.
10. May represent the organization in community organization activities designed to modify community behavior, epidemiology and/or needs.
11. Overseeing the quality of the medical department and ensuring that the health care programs are being implemented properly.
12. Responsible for annual and periodic performance evaluations of physicians.
13. Arranges and conduct regular meetings of clinical providers.
14. Advises on health information system needs; develops, recommends, and conduct special studies of health needs and priorities, interpret clinical data.
1. Prepares and recommends qualifications statements for credentialing, job descriptions, and evaluation standards for all clinical personnel.
2. Leads or participates in the periodic review of practice management functions, e.g., reception, telephone triage, client flow, outreach services, medication clinic, follow-up on missed appointments, referral tracking.
3. Responsible for clinical assignments, rotation and call schedules, coverage and approval of leave time, etc for all medical staff.
Provider will meet with manager within 7 days of report to develop plan to increase compliance.
1. Advocates for the organization and serves as liaison to local and state professional societies, as well as to health officials, organizations, etc., and as appropriate.
2. Assists in the development and supervision, implementation and operation of a quality assurance program as it relates to client care.
3. Represents the views, needs, concerns, and policy proposals of the medical staff to the Chief Executive Officer .
4. Responsible for the quality control of medical care including compliance with CARF accreditation standards, through active involvement with organization administration and intimate knowledge of the medical care components of the organization programs and services.
5. Is the lead physician of the organization’s health care team.
6. Participates, in concert with Human resources, the recruitment and interviewing of medical staff and assurance of their credentials. Recommends hiring and firing and other disciplinary actions of medical staff for review and approval of the CEO.
7. Represents clinical management in health center administrative meetings and under the direction of the CEO, participates in community and Board meetings.
8. Assists in the presentation of reports on mental health and quality assurance issues to the Board of Directors regularly, as determined by the CEO.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $200,000.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page: