- Event Planning
- Project Coordination
- Floral Design
*Most Important. Please send a cover letter with information on why you are a good fit for this position, what you love about events, what you enjoy most about people, and your availability. This is a 6 month internship beginning ASAP*
General Description : Performs all duties related to sales, marketing, execution and follow-up to weddings and events. Responsibilities may include sales calls, meeting with brides, managing wedding set-up and flow and all customer service relationships. Requirements: Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Specific Duties include but are not limited to :
- Develop sales through relationship building
- Network at trade events and other gatherings
- Develop sales strategies for weddings and corporate events
- Implement social media and blog calendar and execute strategy
- Meet with potential clients, help determine client needs, get contracts, prepare wedding cycle from beginning to end being the number one contact for the client at all times.
- Hold tastings with potential clients
- Create Proposals for clients
- Assist with negotiations for catering contracts.
- Practice evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help ensure event planning is flawless
- Create packing and event lists to help with ease of events
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related catering/floral design matters
- Design Food & Drink Tables for events
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Close out all events as required.
- Interview, recommend hiring, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all catering/floral; areas.
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans for generating catering/floral revenues.
- Carefully review all contracted services to assure proper contribution to profits.
- Identify trends, research the competition’s products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,TWESA, ETC).
- Practice knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills. Practice strong prospecting efforts.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Utilize excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Internship
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)