The Graphic Designer 2 develops and maintains graphic designs (e.g., art, color themes, photographs, web pages), audio and video to support the organization's image, identity and brands. The Graphic Designer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Graphic Designer 2 develops and maintains the organization's graphics standards, techniques and methods. Develops the organization's website design and layout. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Develop print graphics for proposals within strict requirements of Federal Government solicitations for type, font, image size, color, headings, spacing, etc.
Use creativity and technical knowledge to support concept development efforts and influence materials including white papers and presentations.
Work in a Windows-based environment, primarily in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Understand and implement a design process, including version control.
· Take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other designs that convey the appropriate message. Gain understanding of abstract concepts and tell their stories through graphical representation. Possess a strong design portfolio that demonstrates these abilities.
· Work as a liaison to subject matter experts from all areas within HGB, and quickly understand technical concepts in order to create visual representations of processes, data, organizational structures, etc.
· Select colors, images, typography, and layouts that meet Humana branding requirements.
· Utilize geographic information systems software to produce maps and other graphic displays for analysis and presentation.
· Work as part of a team to produce proposals in a deadline-driven environment.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, Interaction Design or similar
3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
Deep understanding and experience in graphic design disciplines including layout, color and typography.
Proven ability to translate strategy and business needs into appropriate graphic solutions
Excellent verbal and written communication skills — can clearly communicate design decisions and conceptual themes with supporting logic based on the strategic goals. Ability to "sell" a concept
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Cloud): InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Our Department of Defense Contract requires U.S. Citizenship
Previous agency experience
Prior experience with digital design development
Prior health insurance industry and/or Corporate experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours