ABOUT THE JOB
Enterprise Commercial Payments (ECP) is a set of integrated solutions that includes Treasury Services, Institutional Asset Services, and Foreign Exchange/International Trade Services. It is designed to help businesses meet their goals for growth, efficiency, and risk mitigation.
This highly visible position is part of the Analytics team within the innovative and fast growing Enterprise Commercial Payments business. This team reports directly into the Group Head of Commercial Payments. This role will be charged with leading and inspiring the team to create actionable analytical and data science capabilities to optimize payments pricing and manage portfolio profitability. This is an exciting opportunity to influence strategy by providing meaningful data-driven insights to improve the fastest growing product capability of the business (which includes Merchant Services, Corporate Card, and Fintech partnerships).
We are looking for an individual with a passion for data and the talent to lead a team and organization in building cutting edge analytical solutions from the ground up. The successful candidate demonstrates a strong capacity to independently plan and execute complex projects in a matrixed and client-centric organization. S/he is comfortable navigating, partnering and communicating for action in a large organization and across many different stakeholders. S/he brings strong business acumen coupled with analytical skills and can quickly extract data and build analyses/models independently or by guiding the team. Previous experience in payments related analytics is preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the development and deployment of analytical and data science capabilities to optimize pricing and portfolio management strategies focused on our Emerging Products
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses that will reveal insights and opportunities
- Direct, develop, and build a high performing team of experts in pricing and data science
- Closely partner with Product Management, Sales, and Finance to uncover new analytical questions and hypotheses that move the bottom line
- Be a trusted advisor and thought leader on pricing and analytics across the bank
- Synthesize and deliver analytical findings in a compelling and actionable manner to executives
- Establish a framework for portfolio analytics across products including client segmentations, behavioral analytics, trending and correlation analysis, optimization strategies, and risk analytics
- Deploy and operationalize visual analytics capabilities via Tableau
- Develop the next generation pricing framework and offering capability including relationship pricing models (currently evaluating software capability to support offerings across products)
- Develop new revenue streams by developing next generation products leveraging product/client/transactional data
- Leverage portfolio analytics to support prospecting efforts including the creation and deployment of opportunity/propensity strategies
- Identify additional resources as needed from a people, process, and technology perspective and provide appropriate business case for justification
- Identify and leverage opportunities to deploy machine learning capabilities to improve predictions or increase efficiency
- Build and maintain comprehensive data models from various internal disparate data sources
- Collaborate with technology to ensure development and availability of new data sources, infrastructure, and analytical tools
- Understand the business strategy and develop a deep and broad knowledge of banking
- Monitor and evaluate emerging technology and analytical approaches to problem solving
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Information Management, Computer Science, or quantitative Finance
- 8+ years of experience in pricing, business analytics, data science, or financial modeling
- Experience in financial services is preferred but not required
- Experienced programmer in SAS, R, or Python
- Extensive experience creating and working with very large databases (SQL, Teradata, Hadoop)
- Experience creating impactful data graphs/visualizations in Tableau
- Strong critical thinking combined with business intuition and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to synthesize, create and communicate clear analytical studies in PowerPoint
- Project Management experience (preferred) in developing and implementing large scale analytical products, projects or processes
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
KeyBank has administrative services in place that help support the business. These include: Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and Marketing. KeyBank’s Corporate Center supports strategic initiatives through multiple teams which provide distinctly different, yet interrelated, disciplines for the KeyBank Leadership team and its business groups. The Corporate Center protects and enhances Key’s brand through thoughtful and deliberate messaging and responsible banking. Our proactive approach and significant expertise engage both internal and external constituents – employees, clients, shareholders, investors, regulators, legislators, community advocates – by adding value, positively influencing their perceptions, and instilling a sense of confidence in Key.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.