Our client has an immediate opening for a Network Admin in the Phoenix, AZ area.
Network Admin Job Description:
. The primary responsibility of the Network Administrator II is to proactively monitor and resolve application, system, and network incidents affecting the site and ensure maximum availability and performance.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
The Network Admin will perform tasks using various standard network management tools, internal ticketing systems, and monitoring consoles. The Network Admin II also serves as a coordination point for communications between internal and external customers, engineering teams, other operations teams during events which affect the site. You will also be responsible for generating reports on state of the site, number of incidents, change management, and other standard NOC KPI's. Additionally, you will manage the communication of issues affecting site availability or performance to your internal and external customers. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others within their team.
- 5-7 years of previous experience working on networks
- Good understanding of network environment
- Strong understanding of network concepts, TCP/IP stack and common Internet protocols
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to spot long term trends in production environment
- Preferred MPLS experience
- Preferred Voice and Security Engineering experience
- Preferred prior experience in a 24 x 7 Network Operations Center in a large scale Internet web site
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Must be reliable and dependable, self-motivated and willingness to learn and contribute to building your hybrid skill set of Network, Security and Voice skills.
- Effective team player to be able to work closely with peers and other operations or engineering teams
- Should be able to function in a 24/7 operation and work flexible schedule on weekdays and weekends as required
- Prior experience working as a resource during major outages.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask in order to handle multiple tasks in a real-time environment
- Proactively monitor the alerts related to our IT environment for availability and performance.
- Effectively respond to Monitoring alerts, incident tickets, and email requests.
- Perform application and web site troubleshooting to quickly resolve the issues per documented procedures.
- Ensure user tickets and monitoring alerts are handled per pre-defined SLA's for response time, updates and closure.
- Escalate issues to our internal NOC and management as needed.
- Update internal documentation, tickets and Knowledge base articles.
- Ensure proper hand offs between shifts is communicated.
Work is generally performed in a NOC office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout their required shift, reach vertically for overhead
For immediate consideration please send your resume to:
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please provide your answers to the following questions:
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
We look forward to working with you!
Your PDS Team
Productive Data Solutions, Inc.