Under broad supervision of the Director of Student Recruitment & Undergraduate Admissions and the Admissions Communications Coordinator, the Transfer Admissions Counselor is an energetic professional who oversees all aspects of the undergraduate transfer recruitment and admissions program and is responsible for participating in student recruitment efforts and meeting targeted enrollment goals in order to enroll a high quality, diverse student body at NMHU. The position takes the lead and manages the computerized customer relations management system (CRM) to communicate with students, process admissions, prepare reports, analyze data and assist with implementation of admissions-related policies and procedures. Develop yield events and marketing materials; outreach efforts to groups and/or individuals. The successful candidate must possess the ability to identify the interests and needs of prospective students while articulating the value of a liberal arts education. These transfer recruitment efforts will take place both in New Mexico and nationally, as needed.
This position may be based in Las Vegas, or the greater Albuquerque/Rio Rancho/Las Cruces/Santa Fe, NM area.
Duties and Responsibilities
•Evaluates transfer and readmit applicants in accurate and timely fashion, reviews academic credentials and renders admissions decisions as mandated by NMHU’s undergraduate admissions standards including data entry, tracking, and reporting in the Customer Relations Management (CRM) system;
•Generates and ensures that transfer credit analysis are completed and provided to students in a timely fashion;
• Recruit prospective students by attending community college visits, college and/or career fairs, and other transition services programs and events;
• Responsible for review and conversion of inquiries, applicants, admitted and enrolled students for the designated territory; Expectation is to increase applications and enrollment activity through cultivating relationships within the selected territory and accurately forecasting enrollment within territory in order to meet qualitative and quantitative departmental goals.
•Develop in-depth knowledge about NMHU’s cost of attendance, financial aid and scholarship opportunities, and its academic and extracurricular programs and articulate these programs in a consistent manner with the NMHU’s strategic plan to prospective students, their families, academic advisors & the community;
•Coordinates and implements various recruitment programs and marketing strategies for territorial or local on-site admission programs and special events relating to targeted transfer, adult learners, and under-represented groups in the fulfillment of recruitment efforts;
• Work closely with staff and faculty across campus to ensure a seamless transition for applicant to enrolled student;
•Assist with the daily operations of the Office of Student Recruitment & Undergraduate Admissions through presentations, meetings with prospective students, on/off campus events, campus tours, and community events;
•Coordinates university participation of staff and alumni for national and local college recruitment fairs; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the university and its colleges, educational programs and degrees;
•Coordinate email, social media and phone call campaigns, some evenings and weekends required;
•Assist with departmental activities as needed and participates in university wide events;
•Advises website content and electronic marketing and communication for transfer students including promotional brochures relative to transfer admission;
•Assist with departmental activities as needed and participates in university wide events;
•Participates in various campus committees and state and regional professional organizations;
•Maintains regular attendance;
•Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
A transfer admissions counselor must be enthusiastic, people-oriented, and enjoy working with high school and college students as well as parents and guidance counselors. He/she must have an ability to communicate effectively (both in oral and written form) to inspire interest in New Mexico Highlands University with prospective students. The successful candidate should have exceptional organizational skills, be willing to work as part of a team in a fast paced, goal driven environment, and maintain a positive attitude. In addition, a qualified candidate will possess the following:
•Bachelor’s degree (required by time of appointment);
•Proven abilities regarding attention to detail, follow-through, and dependability;
•Must exhibit excellent public speaking skills;
•Demonstrated experience and knowledge of social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram;
•Willingness and ability to travel extensively including evenings, overnight stays and weekends during travel season;
•Must be proficient in MS Office Systems.
•Master’s degree in any field;
•Prior experience working in higher education (student experience will be considered);
•Knowledge of New Mexico Highlands University and its programs;
•Knowledge of post-secondary financial aid and admission procedures;
•Experience working independently and with a high level of accountability;
•Prior experience delivering presentations to large and small audiences.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
•Must be willing to travel extensively September-December, February-May.
•Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends, as required by the position;
•Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license;
•Must be willing to operate a University vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
•Proficiency using computers and related IT equipment, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint); Acrobat Pro, Google Docs, Web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), university administrative databases (Banner, Customer Relations Management (CRM), Banner Document Management System (BDMS), Transfer Equivalency Management System, People Admin);
•Proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
• Must be creative, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently;
• Ability to present oneself with a professional presence and demeanor;
• Ability to maintain confidential information and inquiries with discretion;
• Ability to maintain exceptional customer service and people skills;’
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures;
• Ability to display a keen attention to detail and produce desired results;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Knowledge of programs/services available to university students;
• Knowledge of community outreach practices;
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports;
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures;
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions;
• Knowledge of electronic calendar systems for meetings, conferences, and travel;
• Strong organizational skills, and ability to organize workload to ensure deadlines are met; schedule work assignments in order of priority and date received;
• NMHU is committed to attracting culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience. Diverse, bilingual and multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply;
•Other duties as assigned.
•Extensive driving hours when required to travel;
•Walking for extended periods of time, providing campus tours when required;
•Constant sitting for extended periods of time;
•Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer;
•Kneel, bend, reach and stoop;
•Must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds.
•Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment;
•Working offsite as needed to visit local area community colleges, universities, and high schools when required;
•During peak times, campus tours will be required;
•Proven ability to stay organized and multi-task with shifting priorities and interruptions; demonstrated ability to work effectively under deadline pressure and as part of a team; ability to work collaboratively.
Work Location/Campus Center
Rio Rancho Campus
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email email@example.com
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: APPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS POSTING AT: http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/2246.
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) Professional references in online application; 4) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER