At the Kentucky Lottery, we want to make winners out of our players, retailers, students and our employees. We are looking for the best talent to join our winning team. If you want to be a part of an organization that has provided students in Kentucky with more than $3 billion in grants and scholarships, then we have an opportunity for you! Are you ready to fuel your imagination?
As a member of systems development team, the Data & Reporting Analyst supports the business users by developing actionable recommendations based upon research and analysis over existing data sets. Identifies the requirements for collecting new data necessary to support research initiatives. The Data & Reporting Analyst supports business users by designing and developing solutions that provide data for making important business decisions. This role is required to develop reporting solutions efficiently utilizing reporting tools and data-sets for our end-users. Provides technical input during the planning phase of the project in the form of data architectural design. Collaborates with systems development resources throughout project life cycle. Uses a detailed knowledge of the company's computing environments to provide support to other members of the systems development staff.
- Ability to conduct research over data sets to respond to inquiries by business stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively interpret the results of research, organize findings in a manner easily understood by end users, and the ability to articulate the results to end users.
- The ability to provide reliable information and communicate easily with persons at all levels, including senior management, internal business units, software developers, Quality Assurance, and other IT units.
- Independently initiates activities or studies to continually improve technical skills in areas that support the KLC strategic plan.
- Designs and develops a variety of ad-hoc and standard reports.
- Designs and develops data security structures.
- Creates and maintains documentation for both IT standards and end-user assistance.
- Trains users in the use of ad-hoc reporting.
- Develops and maintains the data warehouse reporting environment
- Works with key business representatives to gather and define reporting needs.
- Designs and develops KPI dashboards for business stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data/reporting issues.
- Assists on special projects as assigned by manager.
Incumbent should possess the following combination of knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related field of study.
- Minimum of two years of database programming and SQL experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with reporting tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI.
- Defining application software requirements and use cases.
- Strong understanding of database structures, design, and reporting techniques required.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret requirements and then utilize those requirements to develop, recommend and implement reporting solutions.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with business users and software vendors on problems and projects.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and effectively to any audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to organize work, respond to changing priorities and multitask.
- Quality focused, demonstrating commitment to quality in data and reporting output to the business users.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, proactively identify issues, troubleshoot and independently research and resolve problems.
- Ability to share knowledge with others and work effectively on a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, as well as practical problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work on projects with aggressive timelines and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Be accountable for the timeliness and quality of all deliverables.
Travel - Minimal
- Standing or sitting: (Frequently)
- Moving: (Occasionally)
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: (Continuously)
- Talking and/hearing: (Continuously)
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports, documents and use a computer: (Continuously)
- Sitting for long periods of time: (Frequently)
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
We will only contact candidates who match the qualifications for this role and who are selected for the next steps in the talent acquisition process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- database programming and SQL: 2 years (Required)
- Louisville, KY (Preferred)