At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese's and Peter Piper Pizza restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for a Director, Corporate Accounting, Reporting and Analysis.
We have a new accounting leadership role within our $1 billion international company. This position is responsible for leading the corporate accounting department, managing and improving internal controls, and supporting the business’ extensive analysis needs.
The candidate will have experience with corporate accounting functions and extensive experience with financial reporting including internal reporting and SEC reporting. In addition, they will possess strong public company audit experience with a large public accounting firm. BI technology experience is a plus.
- Preforms all duties and responsibilities in support of field services and operations. Supports the Corporate Objectives, including: “If you are not serving the guest, serve someone who is.”
- Lead the month-end corporate accounting, reporting, close, and internal controls functions
- Ensure timely preparation, review and analysis of standard and ad-hoc financial information, financial statements, monthly financial reporting packages, monitoring and explaining the business from numerous aspects and levels of detail.
- Monitor and develop SOX and other internal controls and analyses to ensure financial statement accuracy.
- Create and teach processes and simplification that enables direct reports to take on more responsibilities.
- Ability to bring clarity, simplicity, and accuracy when working with executive leadership and other team members to explain transactions.
- Proactively use own knowledge and work to identify business risks, provide insight, evaluate the current and future financial impact, and support accounting accuracy for other teams.
- Monitor, prepare and research technical accounting changes as well as estimate the impact on the business.
- Manage the completion of external and internal audits.
- Coordinate and review responses for information and support requests.
- Participate in budget preparation.
- Prepare or review other reporting of financial information, including presentations to Executive Leadership, the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, Investors, etc.
- Manage the preparation of supporting schedules for the Company’s regulatory/SEC filings.
- Available to assist with the Company’s external SEC filings as needed.
- Train, manage, mentor and assess performance of direct reports.
- Lead an atmosphere of change and leverage other resources to create workload efficiencies and increase team ownership; IT resources, training, process improvement and advanced technology.
- Oversee team’s month-end close responsibilities including oversight of preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, audit support, and internal controls.
- Establish and review the implementation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures while identifying areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain an effective control environment over areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required
- CPA and public accounting audit experience required
- 10+ years of experience in accounting
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong team player and communication skills; comfortable speaking with executive management
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Proven ability to critically evaluate key processes and internal controls and implement improvements
- Highly proficient in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookups, large workbooks)
- Motivated self-starter with a high degree of ownership, who can work independently minimal supervision
- Exceptional customer service skills and “service-minded” attitude
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining/entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of 605 Chuck E. Cheese's stores located in 47 states and 14 foreign countries/territories, and a system of 149 Peter Piper Pizza franchise and company-owned locations. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Employment is contingent upon a successful