Edit Job | Indeed.com
If you have experience in a Call Center or Customer Service environment, you may be qualified! You MUST apply by Tuesday to be considered!
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for customer service and case management. This position will work interactively with patients and their healthcare providers to complete enrollment activities, coordinate distribution of educational materials, answer basic clinical and program inquiries, and help access to therapies through the patient’s healthcare provider. Other responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative role include:
- Answers basic clinical and program inquiries.
- Coordinates access to therapies, schedules and conducts appropriate follow-up and reminder services.
- Facilitates access to appropriate support services, including reimbursement counseling, nursing hotline, and support.
- Processes incoming enrollment forms for program.
- Follows up via phone, mail, and/or fax (electronic) for missing enrollment information.
- Identifies other sources of health care coverage for patients through simple queries.
- May include explaining benefit details to a patient or healthcare provider.
- Works on solving patient issues of limited scope
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Work requires focus, flexibility, and the ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- This position requires that the Associate be seated most of the day.
- Proficient Windows based experience including fundamentals of data entry/typing.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated phone based customer service skills/experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Independent problem solver and good decision maker.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- High school diploma or GED minimally required. Two (2) + years directly related and progressively responsible experience and/or college degree.
- Specific experience in medical office administration, benefit verification, coding, claims processing or customer service at an insurance company.
- Broader experience/training may be considered in fields such as case management, social services and pharmacy technician.
- Familiarity with verification of insurance benefits a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of key payers including Medicaid, Medicare and private payers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour