Are you obsessed with building world class shopping experiences that delight customers? Do you love fashion? Do you want to reinvent the end-to-end shopping experience for fashion products, from front-end to supply chain and everything in between? If so, come join us as the Principal Product Manager leading the core customer experience for a new initiative and build from the ground up.
In this role, you will help develop our business strategy and product vision and will oversee the development and management of a product roadmap based on that strategy and vision. The role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with UX, software engineering, central teams, operations, and executive stakeholders. We are looking for someone with a deep customer and brand focus as well as passion for and an established track record in delivering results. A successful candidate should be able to manage the tactical tasks of delivering products while simultaneously defining and driving strategic product planning for forward looking initiatives.
This job will challenge you on various fronts – you’ll need to have the ability to understand what it takes to launch a new global initiative that involves large scale services and features across multiple teams within and outside of Amazon Fashion. You will drive future solutions that will impact how customers shop fashion. In addition to this, you’ll need to be able to influence and deliver exceptional user experiences across multiple platforms including mobile, desktop, and more. You will also need to frequently engage business, product, and technology leaders and be a strong advocate for our customers and for the capabilities we are building.
- Set the strategy and vision for new initiatives.
- Make this vision a reality in partnership with UX, business, engineering, and partner teams.
- Inspire customers and industry stakeholders by consistently raising the bar on what it means to have the best digital fashion shopping experience in the world.
- Drive positive business outcomes including meeting and exceeding launch deadlines, optimizing feature sets, and helping craft and execute a bold vision for product innovation and scale.
- Define the feature sets, business requirements, measures of success, and roadmap for your experiences.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, developers, schedule, performance, and cost.
- Make decisions around build versus buy to optimize around time-to-market.
- Learn from customer feedback, brand feedback, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time.
- Create buy-in for your functional area vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Provide mentorship and best practices to the broader Product Management organization.
- Bachelor’s degree, or appropriate work experience.
- 5+ years post MBA, or 7+ years work experience performing relevant product management job functions.
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results and overall relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Experience working with a cross-functional team across design, marketing, and engineering team to meet aggressive goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- MBA from top business school and a BS in Computer Science or related technical field from a top engineering school.
- Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing), services, and operational components.
- History of developing cross platform mobile products.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to hire and lead high performance Product Management teams.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.