ShaleStone, Inc. is hiring an Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. You must be an organized professional with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to a financial controller.
* Support most aspects of accounting management (Billing, A/P, A/R, agency reporting, etc.)
* Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
* Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements.
* Manage journal entries, invoices, etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing.
* Assist in preparation of budgets or forecasts.
* Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies.
* Review the company's accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
* Utilize accounting IT systems to facilitate processes and maintain records.
* Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position.
* Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
* Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.).
* Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
* Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software e.g. SAGE 100.
* Well organized with ability to prioritize.
* Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
*BSc / BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off