Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and regularly maintains short, mid and long-term category strategies aligned with overall business strategy and objectives and departmental stakeholders
- Forges key strategic relationships with strategic suppliers and industry leaders and develops those relationships, being mindful of long-term mutually beneficial and ethical objectives as well as providing the business with access to supplier innovation
- Manages category-specific segmentation of service providers and supply partners to ensure that we have the best service provision available across the category to deliver value to our internal and external clients
- Shares market intelligence, best practices and provides category expertise in improving cost, performance and overall value to end users.
Sourcing Process Expectations
- Responsible for category strategy development, execution and category performance of all category related activities.
- Delivery of financial targets in line with business expectations. CM continuously drives the category opportunity agenda and self-sufficiently identifies, agrees and executes these projects
- Accountable for creating strategic solution for specific commodity and service requirements, procurement event planning, RFP/quotation management, bid analysis and recommendations, liaison with internal stakeholders for contract approvals, savings reporting, documentation and compliance.
- Utilize and enhance supply chain data analytics to assess current state needs and portfolio and enable more strategic thought leadership
- Rationalizes supply base and develops clear strategic supply partner framework and maintains this framework at senior supplier level
- Use market and industry intelligence to identify and qualify new suppliers and use data to support the business and delivery of services. In addition, identify risk, threats and provide solutions for mitigation.
- Utilize SRM tools to manage relationship with JLL preferred supply base. Act as the internal issue resolution point and review performance regularly
- Provide functional leadership and peer group alignment, where appropriate and needed
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement new policies and procedures, including rationalization of legacy policies and procedures
- Prepare high quality papers and presentations for use with internal and external stakeholders and/or teams as required
- Apply ethical company standards and ensure Global Procurement policy is applied at all times
- Develop category plan with the ability to provide visibility such as supplier summaries, stakeholder engagement plans, contract summaries, and market insights that lead to both short and long-term strategies
- Ability to negotiate and have proven strategies within areas of responsible spend
- Lead development and execution of all sourcing-related functions- performing due diligence and assessment of prospective suppliers, executing RFPs/bids, negotiating contracts and ensuring effective transition to operations during implementation
- Partner with functional leads and the business to drive both immediate and sustained benefits to JLL and its clients
- Bring strategic thought leadership to identify additional cost and operational efficiencies
- Proactively manage internal stakeholder expectations and escalate at appropriate times
- Manage savings tracking and work with sourcing managers and key suppliers, ensure that savings initiatives ideas are being driven to maximize savings impacts
- Conduct supplier performance review meetings, manage supplier scorecards, contract compliance and service obligations
- Support a supplier diversity program
- Subject matter expert for category and main point of contact within JLL
- Excellent Inter-personal skills, Organization skills, Strong Analytical Ability
- Ability work on a regional scale and across different time zones.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Proven ability to facilitate strategic supplier relationships and work with senior business executives and across procurement leadership
- Collaborative and influencing style with a focus on team work
- Proven ability to deliver results in challenging environments
- Expertise in sourcing with demonstrated ability to manage change
- Ability to sell and present initiatives and/or new ideas
- Experience in sourcing indirect corporate services and products
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in MS applications with excellent ability to work with large amounts of data and build reports
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in relevant field
- Minimum 7 years of procurement-related experience
- MBA a plus
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .