The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining all computer systems and data communications at CCPN. The Systems Administrator will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, security, and optimization of all CCPN server hardware, software, desktops and telephony systems. This individual will also analyze and resolve server/computer hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user support.
1. Administer and maintain Windows desktop operating systems, server operating systems, servers, wireless devices, and ensure maximum resilience and reliability.
2. Manage backup and recovery administration and documentation.
3. Maintain server and client anti-virus and encryption solutions.
4. Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the internet to aid in problem resolution.
5. Citrix farm configuration and management including sessions, printing, and policies.
6. Account creation and maintenance for various systems including Active Directory, e-mail, website access, etc.
7. Produce and update documentation for areas of responsibility.
8. Exceptional knowledge of hardware, including desktop, laptops, printers, and telephones.
9. Administer VOIP including changes both hardware and software.
10. Coordinate and/or perform cabling for network related tasks.
11. Maintain a personal 95% on-time closure rate of Help Desk requests.
12. Develop customer service and relationship with end users.
13. Creation of projects within help desk software, task creation, and project follow-up through closure.
14. Ensure Help Desk Work Orders document the help desk request problem-solving process, including process and all actions take through to final resolution.
15. Meet or exceed assigned performance metrics.
16. Oversee inventory of computer systems, servers, and software for hardware/software compliance.
17. Attend training seminars, conferences, and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future IT issues and technologies.
18. Analyze and resolve technical problems for established systems.
19. Conduct technical research on system upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
20. Recommend solutions for short-, medium-, and long-term projects.
21. Install, configure and maintain desktop/server components.
22. Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
23. Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
24. Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
25. Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
26. Work with vendors to resolve complex problems.
27. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
28. Collaborate with other departments as necessary.
29. Performs other job related duties as required.
30. Culture and Linguistics Training required annually
1. Know and follow Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
2. Communicate verbally and in writing through proper channels.
3. Maintain patient confidentiality.
4. Participate in staff meetings.
5. Use time clock appropriately.
6. Follow dress code.
7. Follow procedure for requesting time-off.
8. Be courteous and respond to request forms from other departments in a timely and pleasant manner.
9. Be flexible and adaptable.
10. Promote departmental and organizational goals.
11. Know and follow applicable safety standards.
12. Take the initiative in offering your help to co-workers in overload situations (when possible).
13. Approach all disagreements with fellow employees as problems to be solved; attempt to solve problems yourself before taking them to your supervisor.
14. Avoid criticizing other co-workers in front of patients or fellow employees.
15. Don't respond to complaints with arguments or excuses; apologize if errors have been made.
16. Describe what you plan to do to solve the problem; never make promises you can't keep yourself.
17. Follow through on whatever promises you make to solve the problem; monitor feedback and let your supervisor know how you handled the problem.
18. Ensure smooth and efficient telephone communication.
19. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Communicate effectively both verbal and written.
2. Effectively resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
3. Adapt to a rapidly evolving work environment and prioritize.
4. Work independently and manage multi-task responsibilities.
5. Additional working hours as required.
6. Some travel may be required.
7. Be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
Actively support the Core Principles of Customer Service
Have a great attitude! Be conscious of your mood and realize that bringing a smile with you to work will be contagious to your customers and co-workers! Have a welcoming attitude, smile and listen. Go out of your way to help others, make eye contact, and remember that first impressions last. Escort, direct and be friendly to customers. Listen attentively and when people complain, show compassion and understanding.
You often know what people need before they have to ask. Anticipate needs, respond appropriately and exceed expectations. Don't wait! Act first! Remember, customers are our reason for being here. Make their experience the best it can be. Have pride in our Medical Group, pick up after yourself and others. Be professional in the way you act and look. Speak positively of your department and BFMG. Wear a prominent name badge, We C.A.R.E. button, act confident, yield the right of way to customers at all times, and work toward maintaining a fun but respectful atmosphere to ensure a great customer experience from beginning to end.
Remember that when people are worried and waiting, every minute seems like an hour. Keep people informed. Tell people what to realistically expect. Check back and apologize for delays. Own and fix problems. Have a "can do" positive attitude. Accept responsibility for making it right for the customer. Follow up on questions, concerns, and complaints quickly, courteously and thoroughly.
Be thoughtful, sensitive and attentive. Focus on other’s needs and find ways to include them during the course of your day. Be there 100 percent of the time for our customers.
Thank customers! Show appreciation and encourage customers to return for other services as needed. Let customers know that you are proud of your department and organization and of the great care and service you provide.
E. EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
2. Three to five years of systems administration experience in a multi-platform large user environment.
3. Microsoft Certified Professional equivalent certifications.
4. Technical certification such as MCSE, CCNA, and Network + are desired.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: