Work 36hrs get paid for 40!!!! Incentive Pay/Sign on Bonus and more! Apply today!
Certified Nursing Assistant
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Delegation of Authority
As a Certified Nursing Assistant you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the resident's room is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.).
- Greet residents and escort them to their room.
- Make resident comfortable (i.e., put to bed, get water, etc.).
- Inventory and mark the resident's personal possessions as instructed.
- Store resident's clothing.
- Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors.
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit and shift.
- Help residents with bathing and maintaining good hygiene
- Prepare residents for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, comb hair, raise bed, position tables, place bibs, take to/from dining room, etc.).
- Serve food trays. Assist with feeding as indicated (i.e., cutting foods, feeding, assist in dining room supervision, etc.).
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements (i.e., informing resident with sight problem of foods that are on his/her tray, where it is located, if it is hot/cold, etc.).
- Record the resident's food/fluid intake. Report changes in the resident's eating habits.
- Keep residents' water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water (on each shift), and within easy reach of the resident.
- Serve between meal and bedtime snacks.
- Perform after meal care (i.e., remove trays, clean resident's hands, face, clothing, take to bathroom, brush teeth, clean dentures, etc.).
- Check rooms for food articles (i.e., food in proper container, unauthorized food items, etc.).
- Maintain resident confidentiality
- Treat all residents fairly with kindness, dignity and respect
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Long term care
- Nursing home
- Bonus pay
- Crisis pay
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location