POSITION SUMMARY: Ensure that the spa is clean and in perfect condition to service resident and guest needs and requests, for the daily operation and all financial aspects of the spa facilities. Provides residents and guests with program guidance and coaching to ensure positive attainment of department and property goals. Responsible for, and dedicated to, providing recognition, satisfaction and value to its residents, while facilitating the property’s objectives and satisfying the financial covenants of the spa. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Turnberry Ocean Colony emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling spa objectives. On the whole, the Spa Floor Attendant/Personal Trainer is responsible for, and dedicated to providing recognition, satisfaction and value to residents while striving to continuously improve efficiency, accuracy, maintain high productivity, employee morale and positive resident and guest relations to ensure eminent standards of service and maximum profit.
J*ob Duties: *
- Answer phones, take messages and initiate phone sales.
- Greet all residents and guests and facilitate business by conducting tours of the spa.
- Must be completely trained on operating weight machines and electronic equipment to instruct residents and guests on the proper usage.
- Must be completely trained on handling hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- When required, opens and close spa, following standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for all keys issued.
- Supervise use of all fitness equipment and spot any difficulties where needed.
- Inventory all fitness center towels and accessories.
- Keep equipment, workout area, locker areas and pool clean, organized and free from potential safety hazards.
- Prepares monthly inventories and submits to Spa Director.
- Ensures the facilities are clean and organized and that the equipment is in good working condition and free of potential safety hazards.
- Professionally represent the property at all times during shifts and/or when on property grounds for job related issues.
- Identify opportunities for resident events that satisfy on-going resident needs and implement and achieve revenue goals.
- Create an excellent work environment, centered upon teamwork and mutual respect that is expected to focus upon resident satisfaction, while producing desired fiscal outcome.
- It is the Fitness Floor Attendant/Personal Trainer’s responsibility to know and adhere to all federal, state and local laws, as well as all policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by the spa or otherwise indicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- Actively participate in property events, acting to facilitate residents in creating their own value, making use of significant personal contact as a means of gathering feedback.
- Attend continuous training to be kept well informed of up-to-date massage techniques and train staff accordingly.
- Prepares reports (written or typed) as necessary.
- Effectively follows operating procedures of property emergency system and bomb threats.
- Maintain awareness of all pertinent information regarding property personnel.
- Assures that residents/visitors feel special through use of enthusiastic tone of voice, courtesy and professional.
- Supervises the proper registration and departure of residents and guests as necessary.
- Handles and resolves inquiries, special service requests and resident/guest related problems.
- Keeps abreast of all in-house functions and special events.
- Informs the Spa Director of any problems that arise.
- Adheres to all fire, safety, and security procedures according to property policies.
- Maintain exceptional resident and guest relations and facilities by creating a quality environment through effective staffing, programming, service operations and maintenance.
- Consistently models behavior that is commensurate with the spa’s values and service principles.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the needs of the property. In addition, attendance at all scheduled skill development sessions and departmental meetings are required.
- Regular attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Support spa and department goals of continuous improvement and learning by attending courses provided by the property.
- Adhere to all written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, all of which make up the essential functions of the job.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and willingness to learn. Ability to follow direction from superiors and residents. Discipline to always remain calm, polite and in control. Ability to keep accurate records.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the spa’s operation, it may be necessary that each team member perform different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to assist others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, this individual may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Ability to multi-task between resident requests, operational issues and team member needs.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must be skilled in time management.
- Able to handle stress arising from management of operations.
- Able to work independently and exercise judgment to resolve personnel and production issues that arise during daily operations.
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Must exhibit a STAR Service attitude, willing to go out of the way to accommodate and exceed the needs of the residents.
- Must exhibit enthusiasm for the job and for the property.
- Must maintain a character of professionalism and communicate through appropriate lines of communication.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English with residents, guests, and the public, customers and fellow employees and maintain a good interpersonal relationship.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide accurately.
- Able to calculate percentages, ratios and proportions.
- Ability to use and operate computer keyboards, registers, fax machine, copier, typewriter, and 10-digit calculator.
- Knowledge of property’s amenities and services offered.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent. Additional education in health science, fitness field or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years experience as a fitness instructor. In addition, thorough knowledge of fitness industry, exercise physiology and exercise equipment.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Must possess certification in the areas of fitness such as: ACSM, ACE, AFFA, NASM. Must be first aid and CPR certified annually.
Must pass a background security check and meet the pre-employment drug-free workplace conditions of the Club.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)