Full Job Description
Do you find the idea of working at an airport exciting? Would you love to help people get where they’re going? Are you a real problem-solver who can stay focused in any situation? You’re the perfect candidate for a role as a full-time Customer Service Representative for United Airlines.
As part of our passenger service team, you’ll meet people from all over the world, handle a variety of tasks that make every day different and enjoy a real sense of accomplishment when someone walks away saying “United Airlines is great!”
Caring for customers
- It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one.
- Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected.
- To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations.
- Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not.
Many routes to success
- Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise.
- We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom and 1.5 weeks on the job.
- With experience, you can explore roles in gate services, ticketing, baggage services, international flights and United Club locations, as well as manager or supervisor roles.
- You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network.
The ability to work any schedule or shift is crucial
- Since this is a union job based on seniority, you will be assigned your initial schedule to meet our needs at the airport.
- You must be available for day and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- You will be required to work mandatory overtime, when necessary.
- As you gain seniority, you can trade days with colleagues, pick up extra hours and have more control over your schedule.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential—we’ve got flight schedules to meet!
A few additional requirements
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Comfortable working on computers
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGB
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour