The Auto Care business of Energizer Holdings, Inc. is seeking candidates with hands-on process development and project management experience of consumer and industrial cleaning products. The incumbent will lead process evaluation, development, and implementations for new products that clean, protect, and maintain household and automotive components. Additionally, the colleague will use technical knowledge and industry expertise to review existing manufacturing production lines and plan cost-effective production processes within the business to accommodate regulatory, financial, quality, and consumer preference changes.
Instituting quality assurance methods and ensuring ongoing product stability are also job duties of this role. This requires the engineer to confer with scientists and researchers to simulate production or create test trial products. These professionals may then review both the development process and final product to ensure it meets industry standards and complies with government laws and regulations. The process development engineer may also act as a project manager and analyze new equipment, technology, or machinery to implement into the production process
The position, based in a suburb of Cleveland, OH, is a part of Energizer’s Auto Care business, a customer-focused, innovation-oriented, fast growing consumer packaged goods company. Energizer is passionate about making time in the car more enjoyable with market-leading brands of car air fresheners, cleaning, and conditioning products.
The position supports existing automotive cleaning and conditioning brands including Eagle One and Lexol by providing process development and technical leadership/key support of the manufacturing process. The candidate will work as part of a team to develop new, innovative automotive cleaning formulations and also provide technical support to the car air fresheners product lines as required. Specific responsibilities include:
- Interact as part of a cross-functional team including marketing, procurement, legal, and external third parties such as global suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Design and develop processes to optimize efficient process flow, reduce process or product variability, improve process capability, and improve employee safety.
- Develop, verify, and validate products from process development to successful commercialization.
- Evaluate current processes and provide recommendations.
- Develop process improvements for high efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain process optimization and validation programs.
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve efficiency.
- Participate in process improvement projects to improve product quality, decrease cost, and improve product performance.
- Communicate business and technical needs, status, results and observations to operating, technical and business personnel.
- Ensure that process techniques are in alignment with the corporate goals and quality policy.
- Determine process capability for all developed processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot process-related issues.
- Mentor others and provide technical and project leadership
- Must possess the ability to comprehend the business objective and work independently to solve the problem in the most efficient manner possible
Required Skills and Experience
•Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, engineering, or other relevant scientific discipline required
•2+ years in chemical/industrial manufacturing or process development environment OR equivalent work experience with formulation of consumer and/or industrial products
•3+ years of project experience including scope and estimate development, cost control, and schedule adherence
Preferred Skills and Experience
•Experience with cleaning and conditioning products
•Agility and demonstrated experience in delivering results in a fast-paced environment
•Team leadership, Stage Gate Methodology, Statistics, Project Management, and Design of Experiments experience
Working Relationships & Environment
Reports to Division R&D Leader. Key relationships will include the broader R&D team, Marketing, Legal, Procurement, External Suppliers, and the Operations group.
Travel, including international, up to 25% is required. The colleague will also be expected to participate in occasional teleconference meetings with global colleagues in different time zones.
An Offer to Grow On
Energizer offers a competitive compensation package which includes full medical and retirement savings coverage, paid vacation and holidays.