Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Duration: Long Term Contract
· Develop and support products by collaboratively identifying, designing, developing and deploying software to deliver retail and digital commerce systems that fulfill strategic initiatives and operational improvements.
· This is a technical leadership role that requires deep software development expertise, domain proficiency, and platform depth.
· Provide expertise and leadership in translating complex business requirements to functional, non-functional and technical designs, adopts designs that prioritize user experience and extensibility to mobile application use and addresses quality issues by asking questions and stating assumptions to mitigate gaps in developer understanding.
· Typical daily activities include requirements analysis, solution design, and most of all, software development.
· Represent the engineering team when engaging with cross-functional teams, including functional analysts, Project Management, Development, Architecture, Security, Infrastructure, and the business customer. Negotiate, facilitate, and influence others to gain alignment and mutually agreeable outcomes in complex and ambiguous situations.
· Mentor less experienced engineers in a technical, business, or soft skills capacity
· An effective Software engineer lead contributes relevant technical, functional, and process expertise to the team.
· A successful candidate is proficient with data structures and algorithms with mastery of one or more general-purpose programming languages, tools, and frameworks.
· 10 years of professional industry experience with software development Highly proficient in Microsoft.NET Highly proficient in C# Application Development: Windows Services and Console Applications, Web API, .NET Core and ASP Net Core o Scalable and Resilient Distributed Application Development Highly Proficient with the following Microsoft Azure Platform Resources o Azure IoT Hub, Azure Service Bus, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Azure App Services Proficiency with CI/CD Pipeline tools Proficiency with Project and Task Tracking Scrum/Lean project management tools Proficiency with the Distributed Version Control system
· Proficiency with NoSQL solutions and MSMQ Messaging Model
· Experience with Git and GitHub, Jenkins CI/CD and/or Azure DevOps Experience with APM telemetry and building observability into applications: New Relic
· Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations Demonstrated experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission-critical environments
· Experience coding using Agile and DevOps engineering practices
· Expertise in established design patterns contributes to new design patterns for the platform, and the ability to negotiate and communicate designs by facilitating and socializing ideas through technical specification documentation.
· Ability to lead remediation efforts for recurring issues and can direct the team's best practices for incident resolution and the facilitation of cross-functional troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and engagement with vendors where needed.
· The capability of initiating, organizing, and being the champion of complex, development efforts; supervises the delivery of other engineers on the team, setting priority, providing guidance, and feedback on deliverables and partnering with vendors to improve the delivery model and ensure success.
· Proven experience building, sustaining, and optimizing large-scale distributed enterprise systems at web-scale, services-oriented front-end, and back-end design.
· Experience coding using Agile and DevOps engineering practices such as Test-Driven Development, Automated Integration and Performance Testing, Automated Deployment Pipelines, keeping the system in running state (development by incremental changes).
· Effective contribution to implementing automated unit and integration testing and assist with system and integration testing efforts. * · Experience in helping decompose, plan, and estimate medium- to large-sized efforts using agile practices (story point estimation), commonality, and variability analysis.
· Proficient in debugging, profiling, logging and monitoring practices and tools Ability to lead technical requirements gathering, technical gap analysis, and contribute to backlog grooming.
· Experience with incremental development, specifically in evaluating and recommending trade-off decisions when prioritizing user stories, epics, and features as well as limiting the scope of coding to evolving requirements and priorities.
· Directly engaged in incident resolution and facilitation of cross-functional troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and engagement with vendors for that purpose, where needed.
· Experience implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission-critical environments Comfortable with development and support of database-centric applications is a plus Experience in server operations, system administration, network configuration and systems engineering Experience as a member of teams that support 24x7 production environments
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $95,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- Azure: 4 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19