Who We Want.
Cambridge Management Company is looking for a part-time Leasing Consultant for one of our Fremont Properties.
Location: Fremont, California
Schedule: 24 hours a week, Mondays, Friday, and Saturdays (8 hours a day)
Although additional duties and related tasks may be assigned, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Show apartment units to prospective tenants and process move-in paperwork for qualified applicants
- Encourage prospective tenants to lease from us by positioning our property and its units in a favorable light and offering the best possible customer service
- Ensure that all community areas and leasing office are clean and organized.
- Advertise available properties using a variety of media and promoting materials
- Confirm rental application data is accurate.
- Negotiate leasing terms and conditions and close deals with new tenants.
- Answer telephone or walk-in inquiries about available apartments.
- Run credit checks or send into corporate office to be processed.
- Process security deposits
- Collect keys for “move outs”
- Respond to lock outs
- General administrative duties such as filing, copying, sorting/ organizing etc.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Proven working experience as leasing agent with a minimum of two (2) years.
- Working knowledge of real estate law and leasing practices.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Generate leads by conducting effective follow up on the phone & through email to prospective new tenants.
- Follow and give verbal and written instruction and direction and to be able to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Yardi), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time; walk upstairs, carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling objects weighing no more than 25 lbs.
We offer all part-time employees
- Competitive Salary
- Pro-rated sick accruals
- Pro-rated vacation accruals
- Direct Deposit
- On the Job Training, opportunity for advancement of both skills and career through on the job training
Apply by responding to this ad or stop by our Corporate Office to fill out an employment application between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday at 2975 Scott Boulevard, Suite 200 Santa Clara 95054.
Cambridge is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race or color, religious creed, national origin or ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military and veteran status, and sexual orientation. If you have a disability or special needs that requires accommodation, please let us know.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Part-time
- Leasing Consultant: 2 years (Required)
- Yardi Software: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)