Smith Barid, LLC is a busy boutique estate planning, elder law, and special needs planning law firm. We are looking for a probate paralegal to help our firm continue delivering top-quality service to clients as we grow.
You will be working with and supporting two attorneys, each with 20+ years of experience.
- Working directly with clients and their families in gathering documents and information we need to complete probate and guardianship matters
- Keeping clients up-to-date on the status of their cases
- Fielding questions from clients, clients’ family members, and fellow professionals
- Case management of probate, guardianship, and conservatorship cases including drafting, filing, and service of petitions, other pleadings, and supporting documents.
- Support of the attorneys and other staff in matters and tasks as assigned (we are a small office)
The right person for this position has a strong work-ethic, excellent writing skills, a positive attitude, good people skills, and a HIGH LEVEL of experience, comfort, and ability with technology (especially Mac OS and various forms of software as a service).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Paralegal: 2 years (Preferred)
- Probate Paralegal: 2 years (Preferred)
- Clio (Law Office Case Management Software): 2 years (Preferred)
- Dropbox: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mac OS: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture