Title: Meal Delivery Driver
Reports to: Director of Operations
To maintain reliable transportation and delivery of meals through the Get Food NYC Program. The Meal Delivery Driver will collect and load approximately 90 to 105 meals in Babylon, Long Island (Suffolk County) between 4-4:30am and deliver them to residential homes of elderly clients amongst the 5 boroughs. Routes are based on NYC assignments and will be in a different borough each day.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering meals to clients in a safe, timely manner.
- Manage inventory of meals before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete and the customer is satisfied. Undelivered meals must be dropped off at a designated donation site daily.
- Prepare reports for donated meal counts.
- Follow NYC meal delivery protocol thoroughly and accurately.
- Utilize routing software to track delivery details and status.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and escalate complaints immediately.
- Basic maintenance and cleanliness of company issued vehicles.
- Adhere to assigned routes and follow time schedules.
- Adhere to all company driving policies.
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a safe driving record.
Required Skills/Abilities & Qualifications:
- Must have their own transportation to Babylon
- Must have smart phone capable of downloading applications and taking photos
- Consent to a background check.
- Ability to utilize routing applications.
- Excellent verbal communication, ability to speak and write in the English language.
- Strong customer contact skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Valid United States driver's license.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, drive, and lift/carry items for extended periods
- Weekly salary for 5 days starts at $1,100.00
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Independent contractor opportunities available
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $1,100.00 per week
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
DRIVERS MUST WERE A MASK & GLOVES FOR LOADING AND DELIVERING!
- Driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)