The City of Morgantown is announcing an opening for the position of a full time Housing Inspector. The position works under the supervision of the Director of Code Enforcement while inspecting rental housing units to determine compliance with housing code requirements and to ensure safe, suitable, and sanitary housing. In addition, the position is responsible for working with rental housing providers and tenants to resolve housing complaints and code violations; composes inspections and code violations reports directing corrective action, maintains electronic and hard copy files of all rental units, serves as a witness in court proceedings.
- Requires a high school degree or equivalent education.
- Requires possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Requires the ability to interpret codes, write detailed reports, and maintain accurate records.
- General knowledge of personal computers including the use of word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- Requires the ability to professionally service the needs of discontent clients, both in person and on the telephone.
- The ability to promote an image of professional, ethical, and courteous service as a representative of the City of Morgantown.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully obtain ICC administered International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) certification as mandated by the State of West Virginia within six (6) months of hire.
- Must be able to successfully obtain ICC administered International Residential Code (IRC) certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
- High School education or equivalent education plus two (2) years of college education.
- ICC International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) certification with two (2) to three (3) years of related experience.
- Ability to read and understand maps and construction-related drawings.
- Training or experience in working with the public.
Individuals interested should submit a resume by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 1, 2018. AA/EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.28 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)