Senior Network Engineer
RFA (Richard Fleischman & Associates) has a Senior Network Engineer job opening at our Headquarters in NYC. This job is visible to all levels of Senior Management and awards the exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, global IT services provider. The Senior Network Engineer must display a high-level of professionalism and sound judgment at all times by promoting superior service to RFA clients. Our ideal candidate will have experience providing IT support to the financial services industry and have worked for a Managed Services Provider (MSP).
Specifically, the Senior Network Engineer will interact directly with our high-profile, elite client base ensuring they receive our first-rate service. This position will be responsible for all network and security designs, implementations, and day-to-day support for various client network infrastructures. The Senior Network Engineer will also be an integral part in handling various networking functions including security and firewalling while leveraging their Cisco and Palo Alto expertise.
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco for core network requirements
- Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA)
- Provide Tier 3 support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity
- Research networking issues and products as required and leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions
- Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly-sensitive RFA client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Leverage a strong knowledge of equipment, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- 7-10 years of related IT experience in a Cisco environment.
- Must have 5+ years of network engineering experience.
- Must have CCIE certification or in progress.
- Experience in Data Center Design.
- Has been involved in Network Design Architect work.
- Advanced Routing and Switching Experience with Nexus Switches.
- Experience with the financial industry.
- Must be able to travel to Purchase, NY Data Center (Ideal candidate would be able to work from Purchase, NY).
- Must have ASA firewall or Palo Alto Firewall experience.
- Financial services industry and MSP experience is preferred.
- Impeccable verbal/written communication.
- Experience configuring and deploying Palo Alto network devices.
- Strong understanding of routing, WAN/LAN, and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, MPLS).
- Excellent desktop and server troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Visio.
- Hands-on experience with Solarwinds Orion and Kiwi Syslog is a plus.
- SilverPeak WAN optimization is a major plus.
Job Type: Full-time