The Patient Transporter provides the highest quality of patient care while the patient is in transit, retrieves medical records, lab results, supplies and medications as needed. This position reports to the Facility Administrator.
- Transports patients to and from inpatient beds and other areas like therapy, surgery or dialysis as assigned
- Keeps patient wheelchairs and carts clean and neat
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and active driving license required
- One year of related experience preferred
- Familiarity with computerized inventory systems preferred; basic computer familiarity required. Any exposure to the medical setting will be an advantage.
Physical requirements can vary. In general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions
5 8-hour shifts per week - Monday to Friday with every other weekend coverage required. Timing will vary; the earliest time in the morning when you will start is 7am; the latest time in the evening when you might finish your shift will be 9pm.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at https://careers.davita.com
8700 Beverly BlvdSuite 6930, Los Angeles, California, 90048-1804, United States of America